1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT>> !/4

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by motordoctor, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

try sears or some of the tool men. probable available cheaper. you need to send an older one to be calibrated and that runs about 45 dollars so make sure it works properly

2. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

actually, if its snap on, you can call snap on and they will tell you where to mail it and will calibrate it for you. (my experiences with them have been like this) at no charge. I would call them and see what they offer.. the current price for the 1/4 inch drive torgue wrench i bought from snap on was 200 bucks for the kit.

3. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I am a snap on dealer and a new one runs about $200 to $240 but one that is that old is definetly not worth more than $50 bucks because its definetly going to have to be recalibrated. If I were you I would on on our website, www.snapon.com and find what you need and order a new one. The flat rate repair cost for recalibrating a 1/4 drive torque wrench is about 50 bucks plus shipping, I have never heard of recalibrating for free, unless it is still under warranty. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

Dustin

4. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Maybe it is because I am in the army??? and buy a ton of tools from them for units?? hey if it was a comp then im gratefull...lol anything free is good

HT

5. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I have three Snap On Torgue wrenches. One 1/2 inch drive, one 3/8 inch drive, and one 1/4 inch drive. Lesson learned a long time ago, when doing precision work spend the money for good tools. Started out with Craftsman, older tools under that label were not bad. Recent offerings not always so good. Tried one of the cheaper torque wrenches, but when I checked it against the calibration standard at the local tool store found it to be way off even when new. Upgraded to Snap on torgue wrenches and never looked back.

Still have a box of Craftsman stuff, keep it around for decoy / loaner use. When someone asks to borrow a tool, they get shown the craftsman / other tool box. Keep the good tools locked up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.