1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-357 Sig

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ruck, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Sig makes great handguns.....my #1 carry gun is a 220, .45 ACP, but I owned a 229 in .40 for awhile and think your choice is just fine!!! The Grayson County Sheriff's Dept. here uses the 229 in .357 Sig as their duty piece.

Ken Rucker

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

From my experience, if you're planning on reloading, stick with 125 gr FMJ TC, and even then be prepared to do some tinkering. Finding a load for my son's SigPro was one of the more challenging reloading adventures, for me anyway.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Great gun and Great cartridge. You can get a .40 S&W barrel to swap over with no modification and shoot BOTH from the same gun. It changes over in a minute. The recoil spring for the .357 Sig is one pound heavier than the .40, so installing a .40 barrel with that spring should give no trouble. You CANNOT form .357 SIg brass from .40 S&W and get brass that is of the proper length. It will result in brass that is too short and much of the .40 brass will not stand the pressure. There are some distinct differences in the case construction. See the link above.

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Not many kinds of ammo to chose from and all of it expensive plus it's not a 45.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.