1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-.22 Henry Rifles

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Stumpstalker, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stumpstalker

Stumpstalker TS Member

Does anyone have any input on the .22 Henry rifles? The Marlin 39's are a lot of money. My use is just for target shooting.

Thanks,

Carmine

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I bought one of the Henry lever action .22 about 3 years ago. Use it as a plinker/target shooter. Works great, has never jammed or failed to fire.
    It is as accurate as I am able to be also. I would say get it if you want it, doubt you will be sorry. Colonel

3. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

My friends son has been shooting on for the past three years with not a single problem. My just won one at a Pheasants Forever banquet and I have been through it and I can tell you that it is well made and beautifully balanced. I believe it is better made than a 94 Winchester that I have a fondness for. Buy it I do not think you can go wrong.
    Go Well
    Wayne

4. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I bought the 22LR with the octagon barrel....It is the nost accurate 22 I own except for my custom Rugers.....Works every time & the action is buttery smooth - great wood also......Pete

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

All that and the "Golden Boy" is cool to look at. Love the rifle.

Don

6. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

7. 911 Carrera

911 Carrera TS Member

I bought a Henry about three years ago and have nothing but good things to say about it. Very well made, very accurate. You will not be sorry buying one.

8. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

Did they stop making the model with the larger lever? Like the Rifleman's gun.
    Tim

9. len loma

len loma TS Member

I bought a Henry 22 lever action a number of years ago. My only complaint was the front support holding magazine tube is plastic and if my memory serves me right the front sight is too. Beautiful walnut on mine. I sold it for what I paid which was nice. I believe the reciever is aluminum or die cast with a powder paint finish. When growing up my brother had a Marlin 39A which I loved. Can't say the Henry is in the same league as a 39A but still nice enough.

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I don't think that I've seen a single one without a bunch of metal flaws right out of the box. Other than that, I guess they're alright.

11. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

I have a Henry .22 Mag. Great little gun and what a job it does on ground hogs!

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rookie Tim, The large loop lever can be ordered from Henry's as an add on. It is very simple to install.

I have sold a pile of them from small guns to the big guns and have had only one with a problem. It was a H004M and was soft striking the hull. The store owner's sons have one each and they are really rough on guns and shoot a lot and have not had any problems. Mine work great, as someone said, smooth as butter. I feel that you get a good product for your money. Wish the scope mounts and large loops were more readily available from the wholesalers. Buy one, you'll love it. Jackie B.

13. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

Shooting Jack, thanks for the information on the large loop levers. I am with you, I think the large loop adds a lot to the looks of the rifle.

14. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

Ditto on all the positives. The 22 lever gun is a smoothly functioning and accurate rifle. Mine loves Winchester 22hshp's.
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content

henry trap shooting guns