1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT? - 1187SC Barrel Standard vs LC

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I have a Remington 1187 Nickel Plated Sporting Clays. It has 30" Light Contour Target barrel. I have found a 26" Target barrel, doesn't have Light Contour stamped on it. (Both are 2 3/4" only.)

Remington said the barrel will work, but I should probably get a Standard (non-LC) forend. I tried the barrel on my gun with my forend, and it shot and cycled well for 50 shots.

Should this barrel fit my gun and forend ok? I can buy it right, without chokes. I have the Remington extended chokes (made by Briley) for the SC model.

I'm trying to turn this into a one-gun for all sports model. I just got a Wenig MC stock to finish, add adj comb (maybe?), then with the 30" barrel for trap and SC, and the 26" for the occasionaly craven foray into skeet, and I'm all set.

Danny

2. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The 1187 SC NP's are sweet looking guns. I have one with killer wood. I shoot a blued model on the range though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sc barrel vs lc barrel