1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT--'09 NISSAN "MURANO"--OT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WWB, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWB

WWB Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

Anyone out there have any experience with these in terms of reliability,
    owner satisfaction, quality etc?? Thinking of getting one--they sure are loaded up with all kinds of hi tech stuff that can go to heck.........
    Thanks for any help
    Bill

2. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

Here is a little something from consumer reports mag......
    The outgoing Murano was one of the better and sportier car-based SUVs we've tested. Its powerful 3.5-liter V6 delivers strong performance and respectable fuel economy. Handling is responsive and secure with the optional stability control. The adjustable pedals help shorter drivers feel more comfortable behind the wheel. Roomy, comfortable rear seats and easy access are pluses. The interior is stylish and functional. But a stiff ride, limited rear visibility, and the need for premium fuel are notable drawbacks. A 2009 redesign with a nicer interior, standard ESC, and a revised exterior is now on sale.

Also said that 72 % of owners would buy same vehicle again.
    I do not have one,and do not know anyone who has one, just wanted to share some info with you.It's from consumer reports on line. Hope it helps.

3. Txnrcr

Txnrcr TS Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

Don't own a Murano, but I drive a new 350Z with the 306HP 3.5 V6.
    Gas mileage isn't great, get about 300 miles out of a 16 gal tank (18.75 MPG), all in town commuting.
    Keep in mind the Murano is a heavier vehicle than the Z, so YMMV.
    Premium fuel is a must, unless you like knocks and pings under acceleration.
    Reliability, haven't had it long enough, and this is my first Nissan product, so far no issues at all.
    Quality is very good, on par with the Honda vehicles I have owned in the past.
    I have been very satisfied with the purchase so far.

Jeff

4. WWB

WWB Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

Thanks you guys........the Premium fuel is a surprise--no where in any of their literature--just got a brochure on the '09's --does it mention it.
    Thanks again.......
    Bill

5. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

We Have an 2005 Murano and it has been a great car,we have 33,000 miles on it.
    No major problems we had to have the rear wiper motor replaced it was noisy.
    We have looked at the 2009 and will buy one when we replace this one.
    Good Luck!
    Scott

6. Txnrcr

Txnrcr TS Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

Nissan had it listed in the Z brochure (very small print), and listed in a few places in the owners manual.

The Z and Murano share the same 3.5 V6 engine, however it was noted on Edmunds that the engine was slightly de-tuned in the '09 Murano. (Guess they don't want you going 155 mph in a SUV)
    Possible the tuning difference will allow lower grade fuel?

In your brouchure, look on the specification tabels, see if there is a note in small print on the bottom indicating premium fuel only. Usually marked with an asterik or small numeral.

7. BustClays

BustClays Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

If style is not your numero uno, may I suggest the Honda Pilot. I've got a 2006, they are up for a redesign soon, but they are great in every way as they are (just look a little stodgy). 20-24 mpg with a very peppy six.

bustclays

8. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

My wife is convinced we NEED a new 09 Murano to replace her Toyota Avalon...it just sits too low in traffic. I have read every report I can find and she has driven them a couple of times in test drives. Two current owners have told us they never have put premium fuel in their Muranos with no ill effects...I believe they "recommend" premium but do not require it. One owner said he may put in the middle grade of fuel..90?..once in awhile and notices that gas mileage improves. I have noticed this as well with my Toyota 4Runner V6. As soon as a 09 bronze LE Murano comes in, my wife will be up there trying to buy it...and with her, price is no barrier. All in all it appears to be a great car...better for her than the Hyundai VeraCruz she drove as well. Best Regards, Ed

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

I have an 03 Murano and it's a good car. I average 22.4 mpg combined freeway and local with the majority being heavy commuter hour traffic. No real problems yet and we've clocked 70K on it. It says to use premium but we use regular with no ill-effects. I tried a few tanks of super just to see what would happen and I got bupkis for a difference.

I hate the cost of little piddling parts. Rear hatch gas cartridges went out and they were $175 ea to replace. Struts need replacing now and they are pricy too.

10. WWB

WWB Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

TO: txncr;---By golly your right and the print is small-what it says it "for normal power/driving-use reg./if more power is desired--use premium. The engine gets high marks from everyone from Motor Trend to AutoWeekly. Guess its an old proven design and is up 25 HP this year.
    Bustclays: I have an 05 Pilot that is loaded--but their 09's look just about the same with a jazzed up interior but still the shortage of good options [pronounced latest hi tech toys] and still the same old staid colors, for about the same $$ as the loaded Murano LE. I love that Honda-from the way the doors close to it's rm and visibility. But I am not going to buy the exact same thing 4 yrs later.........wish they'd wake up--had high hopes after seeing the CRV --my wife loves hers--.
    Big Tuna: The little woman is correct--she needs the Murano--drove one again..
    got some blind spots and a bit more choppy than the Pilot but just as quiet & inside stuff is high quality and high tech.........
    Thanks guys.......Bill

11. TomP

TomP TS Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

I have a '06 and it has never seen High test....No pings at all, runs great! I love it and would buy another...

12. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

OT--'09 NISSAN

I have a 07 Murano,I use reg gas and average 24 mpg from San Antonio to Tucson and back I have 20,000 miles on it, the only drawback that I see is the limited visibility in back , The one other thing is the screen showing all of the stuff on it, becomes invisible when the car is in direct sunlight, it just sits to far forward in the dash. Rides ok drives great and with the Bose system you can make the guys with boom boxes trun theirs off and drive away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.