1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: '07 Toyota Highlander

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FIB, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

OT:

I'm looking at buying a '07 Toyota Highlander with the 3.3L V6. Do any of you all own this vehicle and if so what are your experiences? Also I'm curious as to what kind of mpg I can expect from the 3.3L V6. Thanks in advance, Randy Price

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Wife's '03 gets 20. My '10 Four Runner gets about the same and it is six times the car. Of course a used Four Runner is a rare find.

3. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks eightbore. You are right in the rarity of a low milage used 4 runner and when you do find one they want an arm and leg for it.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don't have a Highlander but we just bought the wife a 2011 Toyota Rav4 a couple months ago. That is one nice riding vehicle. We got the 4WD(actually AWD)V6 which is a 3.5litre now. That sucker really has some pep in its step. I was hesitant with all the hoopla with Toyota but they thru in a 8yr 100,000 extended Warranty. I hate to admit it, but i like driving it more than my Crew-cab pickup.

Matt

5. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks to all who commented.

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

We bought a 2011 Highlander for my wife a couple of weeks ago. She has driven it only around town so far, and has a couple of hundred miles on it. She filled it the other day just to beat the gas price increases, even though it wasn't empty yet. She got about 16.5 mpg on the first tank.

In a couple of weeks she is driving over to Boulder and back, and we'll have a better idea on gas mileage after. I expect it to get about the same as my 2006 Tacoma 4WD, around 19-20.

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Geez, my 2004 GMC Sierra 5.4 L V-8 4WD gets 16 mpg average! It will get 18-19 on a trip.

We just purchased a 2011 Honda CR-V 4WD. I hope it will do near 30 mpg.

Jim Skeel

8. finger

finger TS Member

I had an 07. Great ride except for one thing. It had 45 minute seats. Meaning I could drive it for 45 minutes without pain, then it got to be murder. I traded it at a big loss for an 09 Highlander Limited. This one has 12 hour seats. 90K + since and I hope I can keep it forever. 450 miles home yesterday, two stops and no pain. Priceless! bob PS runs 25 MPG per the computer on the interstate.

9. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks again to everyone for their replies. I bought the '07 Highlander yesterday. It only had 41K miles on it so the factory warranty is still in effect. I appreciate all the comments. I know this wasn't trap related but I know alot of you have great information on other topics. My Best Regards, Randy Price

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Good luck with it....even if it is Japanese ; )

11. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Holy batman. Here we go again. Birdtracker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ot toyta