1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OSHA wades into Gun Control Issue

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lkn4rocks, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

View topic - Backdoor ammo ban afoot - OSHA wades in.

Please read all the topic of this thread at the URL above... Action needs to be addressed by July 12, contact your Legislators and OSHA, and explain why this would have an impact on you.... In short this proposed rule would be the death of your sport!

2. skeet100

skeet100 Member

BTT

This is gonna be a HUGE deal..............

We gotta start writing the turds in Washington quickly.........

I am so tired of having to watch grown men and women to keep them from screwing me.................Washington is out of control..

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

My letter to Chao was submitted today.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I sent that letter, and two more to the freakin liberal senators of my state.

HM

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

England attempted a total control of gunpowder and the Boston Tea Party broke out! More backdoor style shanigans from our elected pea brains loafing in Washington! I'm writing and calling too. Hap

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Ditto!

Buz

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://www.nssf.org/<br>
    http://www.nssf.org/share/PDF/FedReg041307.pdf (Link to the federal register)<br>
    <br>
    Proposed OSHA Regulation Threatens<br>
    Firearm and Ammunition Industry<br>
    <br>
    The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the government agency charged with assuring the safety and health of America's workers, is proposing a regulatory rule affecting the manufacturing, transportation and storage of small arms ammunition, primers and smokeless propellants.<br>
    <br>
    As written, the proposed rule would force the closure of nearly all ammunition manufacturers and force the cost of small arms ammunition to skyrocket beyond what the market could bear—essentially collapsing our industry. This is not an exaggeration. The cost to comply with the proposed rule for the ammunition industry, including manufacturer, wholesale distributors and retailers, will be massive and easily exceed $100 million. For example, ammunition and smokeless propellant manufacturers would have to shut down and evacuate a factory when a thunderstorm approached and customers would not be allowed within 50 feet of any ammunition (displayed or otherwise stored) without first being searched for matches or lighters.<br>
    <br>
    NSSF and SAAMI have already had a preliminary meeting with OSHA officials to begin the process of explaining to them the major problems this proposed rule presents for all levels of the firearms and ammunition industry. Furthermore, NSSF and SAAMI are each seeking a 60 day extension of the public comment period (currently scheduled to expire July 12).<br>
    <br>
    NSSF is urging all retailers to contact OSHA directly and request a 60-day extension of the public comment period. Retailers should inform OSHA that the proposed rule constitutes a "significant regulatory action" as defined in Executive Order 12866 (1993) Section 3(f)(1) in that it will clearly "adversely affect in a material way" the retail sector of the firearms and ammunition industry, productivity, competition and jobs and that the annual compliance cost for all retailers of ammunition will far exceed $100 million dollars.<br>
    <br>
    Click here for a template letter. If you choose to draft your own letter, the reference line must read as follows:<br>
    <br>
    RE: Docket No. OSHA–2007–0032<br>
    <br>
    Request to Extend Public Comment Period and Request for Hearing on<br>
    <br>
    "Significant Regulatory Action" as Defined in Executive Order 12866<br>
    <br>
    Please fax the letter to: 202-693-1648 (include the docket number and Department of Labor/OSHA on the cover sheet and in the reference section of your letter).<br>
    <br>
    Please e-mail the letter by visiting: http://www.regulations.gov and following the submission instructions.

9. Jornski

Jornski TS Member

I contacted my reps

10. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

While we're on the subject....
    Try imagining the havoc either of the leading candidates from the Democrat party will cause to the shooting sports by executive orders worked through their hand-picked left wing cabinet bureaucrats. I hope my union friends remember this when the big labor bosses start handing out "marching orders" on who to vote for. They will be donating big chunks of YOUR dues money to the very politicians that will strip you of your rights.
    PATHETIC.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This one reminds me of the time the Highway safety folks wanted motorcycle rules.

Some idiot (won't say the state) proposed seat belts.

HM

12. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

This is nuts, they're going to get us one way or another. If they can't do it by taking our guns then they make the ammo so expensive we can't shoot anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

13. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

There is something about all 3 OSHA threads that makes me feel as if the bait has been thrown upon the water looking for fish to bite ... especially since all three were began by different people but are being topped by the same person.

Something smells fishy about this ...

15. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Lumper,

When I posted this thread on the 3rd of this month I had tried to find anything that looked like what I intended to post but did not see it at that time but I can assure you that nothing fishy was intended by my attempt for these three to be seen together and get all the posting going together. Sorry if my intentions were misunderstood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.