1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Osama last video

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by nameisjoe, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

So why do we give Laden time in our liberal media so he can preach from the coffin but we will not show his death pictures?

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

So much for that 'transparency' we were promised. I don't really care about BO's sensibilities.

No pics, no closure.

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I think Lt. Col. Oliver North sumed it up best on his interview with Hannity last night why there are more good reasons than not to not release the photos, even though a lot of the talking heads want to see them. I heard the interview on XM114 and I think the Colonel has it right. Hannity didn't agree, but I don't think Hannity has any military experience. I think I would trust Col. North's opinion on this one, more so than Hannity's opinion.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/OsamabinLaden-OliverNorth-pictures-interrogation/2011/05/05/id/395213

Considering that I heard some snippet of information this morning on local news (while reporting on world news) that some group is looking into whether the raid and killing of Bin Laden violated international laws, supports the Col. North's viewpoint. Such an investigation seems like it should be total BS, but that doesn't mean a group of idiots won't try to push the issue.

I know we all hated Bin Laden. While we would have all enjoyed seeing his disfigured and mangled head being shown, what true purpose would it serve?

John

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Since there is no muslim support for the rest of the US citizenry and we all know of their disdain for our laws, maybe a little bit goal line celebration is in order. Sharia law and sensibility be damned! We are still at war folks. It hasn't ended just because the bastard is dead.

It's not only about psychological closure folks, it's about an image of resolve, defense and self preservation.

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Barry,

I don't disagree with your reasons for why you think the photos should be released, but rather, I prefer that we quickly and quietly kill as many Bin Laden followers and supporters as possible without media intervention of any kind. Why should we feed the unsatisfiable hunger of the media for the juicy stuff. I believe the U.S.A worked best, we were safer and we didn't have the need for diplomacy and poltical correctness in relation to foreign countries when the public didn't see or hear who the OSS, CIA and other branches of our government was knocking off. But thats just my opinion.

John

6. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

There are no intenational laws that cover terorists

7. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I have to agree that not showing the photo/s is the proper thing to do. We do not parade our enemy dead and put them on display. We are not the Muslim radicals that make the news. We are above that and I hope we never stoop that low. We know he was killed, they know we killed him. If these people think they want to mess with the USA, they know the outcome. Kill them quick and let them be buried in what ever way is proper for them. Let's not become our enemy!

Tomas US Army 1962-1966

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouAsO4EDZ_U?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouAsO4EDZ_U?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.