1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Original Winchester model 21

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cgrim9, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgrim9

cgrim9 Member

My friend owns an original model 21. Give me some feedback on what you guys think of the gun and how much he would get if he sold it. He has kept it in excellent condition.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

12, 16, 20 28 or 410??? Barrel length? Serial # range? ST or DT? Field, trap, pigeon or Grand American?
    I think you get the idea.

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Has the rib been re-soldered?

4. rdf59

rdf59 Member

The Model 21 is one of the great shotguns of the world. Your friends gun value is dependent on a lot of things. Since it is old, how well has it weathered time and handling.
    Also,as above, M21 is only part of the description. What are the particulars. A few early ones even had double triggers. Is it really in original condition or has it been refinished or reworked?

I have them and there are many variations that come into consideration as far as value. Normal ones go from $1,500 to 7,000. Add some barrels, some engraving and you could have something up to $250,000.

More description is needed.

5. cgrim9

cgrim9 Member

The gun is a 16 gauge with 26 inch barrels. Rib hasn't been re-soldered. Wood on the gun is beautiful. I believe the gun is a field.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'll trade him a Winchester Model 24 for it. That's THREE more model numbers, so it HAS to be better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.