1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Original Seitz ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

How much would one of the 47 original "TOM" Seitz guns in LNIB(never fired) condition be worth vs. one that was shot in 95% condition. This is just an hypothetical ?, I don't have one of the Seitz guns---Phil

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Phil:
    I have a friend who has one of the originals and he will not sell it at any price. I could be off here, but I thought Tom Seitz only made 43 or 44 of his Seitz shotguns.

When I worked in the appraisal business you could place a theoretical market value on anything using 3 approaches - cost, market or income. I am unaware of any sales of any of the originals, so in the absence of comparable sales you cannot use the market comparable approach. The income approach doesn't apply either as the shotgun is not an income producing asset, as real estate can be. Therefor, you'd be left with a cost approach which attempts to assign a replacement or reproduction cost in today's dollars and then deduct an amount for all forms of depreciation. If a cost approach were done, the result would be highly theoretical.

The best answer to your question is that if you did find one, shot or unshot, it would be worth whatever you were willing to pay for it and what the seller was willing to accept - likely a negotiated sale.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
    Silver Seitz # 007

3. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

45. #46, that Tom was working when he died, is in the ATA HOF Museum in an incomplete condition.

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

It seems Bruce Bowen had one for sale a while back. It was either last year's MN state shoot or 2006. I was surprised by his asking price of $14,900. I was more surprised that he had it for sale for what seemed like a long time. Might still have it for all I know. Seemed like a steal to me but what do I know.

Bob

5. viperrt

viperrt Member

Go to firearmsandtrapguns.com. (Tuttle Creek/Santa Fe) They have an original Seitz listed for sale at $25,000.00 Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruce bowen original tom seitz design trapshooters

original seitz guns america