1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Orfice sizes for shot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Haskins Bill, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

I am going to make a copy of the 'Econoshot' shotmaket and need to know orfice sizes. Do you make them the nominal size of the shot or something a bit larger or smaller. Thanks, Bill

2. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

A .020 hole will make, on average 8.5 shot. .031 will make a bit bigger then 7 shot.

3. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Thanks for the info on shot orfices. The Econoshot was advertised several years ago by someone in Clinton New York. It was just a piece of pipe fastened to a little stand on an angle. It used a propane torch for a heat source. It was cut on an angle at each end and from the drawing it appears there was piece welded in the lower end and I assume it had an orfice. I would guess it was a screw or bolt with a hole in it like the Littleton's have. The drawing also showed a couple of screen cans in some sort of coolant pans. I think a person would switch out the two cans as the lead dripped in them and screen and dump shot as it went along. It advertised shot for 125 shells in an hour. I ran across the ad in an old tool box I had in the garage. It was from about 10 or 12 years ago. I will try and scan and post the ad tomorrow, the ad is in very poor shape, if I cannot post it I will try and do a sketch of it.The advertised price was less than $50.00 back then. I may try to come up with something to add on to a Lee prodution pot. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.