1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oregonians with wells - Head's up!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    There are two bills in the Oregon legislature that have serious implications for property owners with wells.<br>
    <br>
    Going back a few years, the state required registration of wells.<br>
    <br>
    Now, proposed legislation would require you to install a water meter on your well. "For conservation purposes."<br>
    <br>
    A second proposed bill then applies a water tax - on what that you already have a right to on land you own. In effect, taxing you on your own water.<br>
    <br>
    Was the state around when people paid for their own wells, costing tens of thousands of dollars? No. But they want their cut now.<br>
    <br>
    More tax and spend bullcrap.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Or...<br>
    <br>
    You could install a meter.<br>
    <br>
    And a hidden bypass.<br>
    <br>
    I'd do it in a heartbeat. I will not tolerate thieves, especially those operating under the guise of the government.

3. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Can you spell Militia?

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

you guys need to fight that crap all the way to the supreme court. i'm not a fan of lawers, but there has to be some that are also being affected by this. you need to find out who they are and try to get them involved.

i just don't see them pulling that scam off. i'm not sure how much agriculture there is in oregon, but here in western ny they would NEVER be able to prove that private septic systems put more nitrates in the aquafir than farms do. if that is even possible, which i think would be very difficult to prove.

also, if you have a well with quality issues, and they want to tax your well, are they going to buy you a water system or whatever is required to make the water quality eqaul to that coming out of the public water system?

brett d.

5. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

And everyone thinks STALIN is dead.

Tom R.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I've said it a long time ago, that someday, they will try to tax you for every breath of air that you take.

Governments spending is out of control, and they have to continually come up with new ways to seperate your money from your bank account.

Why can't we just do without less government and less government entitlements and then they wouldn't need so much money.

But they don't think of smaller, they only want more.........Terrible cycle they are in. They will eventually destroy themselves and us in the long run.

Hauxfan!

7. alpine

alpine TS Member

They tried this in San Diego County years ago. There was a meeting and the house was packed. Only one speaker stood up and spoke. He said if they could install a water meter while dodging bullets, go right ahead. There was a fifteen minute standing ovation and the meeting was over.

It was never brought up again.

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

A blast from the past,,,,,,,,,,,find and listen to an old song from the band Stepnwolf,,,Its called Monster,,,,,,and its more true now the in the 60's when it was written,,,,,If I knew how I would post a link to the song or the lerics,,,,any help out there

9. alpine

alpine TS Member

John F. You are extremely short on facts. I suggest you do a little research and you will find a lot of public employee retirement funds are stand alone, self sustaining, and do not depend on tax revenues.

10. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

alpine, Who in h--- pays the wages?, TAX PAYERS!

Tom R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.