1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oregon State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Buddy O, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Anyone have the results of the Oregon State Shoot?

2. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

I don't have the results but I really enjoyed watching the shoot-off for handicap champion runner-up.

3. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

I meant to add (if you weren't there) it was Fogelson, Storm, Beals, and Schrode. Rand Schiltz (out-of-state) shot the same score.

4. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

Oops, and Carter.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Which Beals?

6. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

So, who was champ and who won the shootoff?

8. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

The handicap champion was the woman who also won rookie of the year with a 96. Fogelson won the runner-up.

9. jennylin

jennylin Member

Heather Archer was Champion, Gary Fogelson was Runner-up, Rich Shrode was Long Yardage CHampion and Dave Carter was Long Yardage Runner-up.

You can find the rest of the results on the PITA website: www.shootpita.com

Now, as for the "DUMB" idea to move our state shoot one week later...We made the decision (in 2007) to schedule to shoot one week later because we were having difficulty getting kids to keep score and getting kids to come and shoot as school was still in session here in Oregon.

Seeing as we had at least 19 kids shoot, I think we made the right decision. What we may have lost in Washington Shooters, we made up for in Oregon kids.

I was at the Oregon ATA Shoot held in Walla Walla earlier this year and there were only about 11 Oregon PITA shooters there. So, we certainly didn't lose many (if any) of our Oregon shooter to the Washington ATA when they didn't want to travel to Walla Walla for the Oregon ATA.

I do believe that it is the Oregon State Shoot and the Oregon shooters we are trying to accomodate.

10. jennylin

jennylin Member

Bob Dodd - why weren't you there? And don't tell me you were in Spokane!

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hey Jennylin, No, I wern't in Spo-cane. The surgery on the arm (January) is still improving at turtle speed. I'm just recently able to shoot 100 birds at sporting a couple of times with the rather slow place but I've not yet shot 100 trap birds of any persuasion at the usual registered pace. I WILL be at Bend for the first shoot at the new venue but will likely be limited to 100 birds a day and the second and third days will be based on how the day before went. I keep complaining to the Doc that I'd not do the surgery again with the sluggish progress, a numb hand, and painful wrist/elbow and he just comes back with "lets see what you think next year!" Well, at the moment, it's to heck with next year I'm losing most of a 2nd year of shooting with the arm surgeries. Give Dave a hug! Seeya in Bend I reckon....Bob Dodd

12. Lyle

Lyle Member

I am only piping in here to tell Drew that I agree with him for once.

HA.

Lyle

13. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Here's how I see it. Why would 2 states compete with each other for shooters. We need to support each other and create schedules that do not conflict with major shoots in the Northwest. I am certain that there would have been more shooters at the OR PITA state shoot and there would have been more shooters at the WA ATA state shoot had both shoots not been scheduled for the same weekend. OR PITA directors, you should have scheduled for this week. Then we could have all been able to attend both shoots. Something to consider for next year.

Chris J Morris
    PITA Life member
    ATA Life member

14. lil johnny

lil johnny TS Member

I want to thank everyone that came to the oregon state shoot. We had a great time hosting the shoot. The OSTA as always did a great job thanks Rust, Sue, Lyle, Jen, and Bud and all the rest on the board. also thanks Dan for helping with the traps. You all make my job easy. I cant wait till the next state shoot to see you all again. Good shooting to all

johnny

15. jennylin

jennylin Member

Chris,

You may be right. This week may have been better. However, I don't believe that either of our shoots have taken a serious hit with our change to this previous weekend. I may be wrong, but considering our two shoots would be anywhere from 264 to 625 miles apart depending on where they're held (Hillsboro-Medford-Cottage Grove and Spokane-Walla Walla), I don't think we've had a whole lot of shooters who have had to make a major decision when it comes to where to go. Given the distance, most would not have travelled to the farther club no matter what weekend the shoot was held.

I agree that major shoots should not compete against each other. Our intention was obviously to increase our attendance not to detract from it or any other shoot.

Jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.