1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OREGON STATE ATA ON PRESQUAD.COM

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by orange crusher, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

The Oregon State ATA Championships are now available on PRESQUAD.COM. The shoot will be hosted by the Medford Gun Club in Medford Oregon on April 19th - 22nd, 2007. The program consists of 1,000 targets as follows:

Thursday April 19th: 100 Preliminary Singles
    100 Preliminary Handicaps
    100 Class Championship Doubles

Friday April 20th: 100 Class Championship Singles
    100 Sponsor Handicap
    100 OSATA Championship Doubles

Saturday April 21st: 200 OSATA Championship Singles

Sunday April 22nd: 100 Sponsor Handicap
    100 OSATA Championship Handicap

Medford has an excellent facility with generally mild weather (April in Oregon can be challenging at times) and typically outstanding scores. If you need assistance with presquadding or have other questions, please contact me via e-mail (jadams@eotnet.net). We anticipate programs to be mailed within the next 10 days and look forward to seeing you all in Medford.

Thank you,

John Adams
    President OSATA
    jadams@eotnet.net

2. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I wonder how a club that doesn't throw ATA targets was selected to hold the ATA Oregon STate Shoot. Me thinks is total Bull Crap. Not this Eastern Oregon lad. FD

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Well, FD, seriously, which Eastern Oregon club would you ask to host the shoot? And why would this bother you any more than holding it in Washington for the many years? How about your suggestion to fix this situation instead of a blanket complaint - Don't feel flamed cuz that's not my intent; I'd really like a solution.....Bob Dodd

5. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

FarmerD,

I am not trying to stir debate nor will I continue to "stir this pot". Unfortunately you are incorrect in your statements above. Medford Gun Club signed up the most new ATA members of any club in Oregon last year and threw many ATA targets via the ATA Big 50 Events they hosted. They also boast one of the most active youth shooting programs in the state. This program potentially will bring many new members to the ATA via the Rookie Challenge and hopefully continued participation in ATA events for years to come. With the ability to cross-register targets between PITA and ATA many clubs actually throw ATA targets and the shooters pay the same fees to the organziation as an ATA only shoot.

The Oregon State Shoot is awarded to a host club that submits a bid to the board of directors since we do not have a home ground. Unfortunately we recieved no bids at the state shoot last year and had to solicit bids from clubs later in the year. Medford and Hillsboro were the only two clubs that submitted bids - no one else! If you want the shoot at a different location, then encourage your club to submit a bid for next year.

We have listened to these arguments for the past 10 years about hosting the shoot in Washington, hosting the shoot at clubs that don't throw ATA, etc. So you can see from your statements as pointed out by Mr. Dodd's above, no matter where the shoot is held, there is some faction of shooters that will feel cheated simply because the shoot is not close to them or is held 10 miles over the State Line. This year the shoot is in Oregon, held at a club that throws ATA targets, and is working their best to host an outstanding shoot. If you decide not to be a part of the festivities, then that is your choice. If you would like to see changes for next year, then you should participate in the annual membership meeting and help to be part of a solution.

Good luck to you this season.

John Adams

6. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I broke an 89 you can spread that around as well. I believe Hermiston would be a good club to hold the shoot but will never be selected because the targets aren't softies. As for not joining in the festivities in Central Point, I won't. Shot the worst scores in my life back in the 70's there. FD

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I don't see a solution in your latest FD, but "...Hermiston would be a good club to hold the shoot..." is as close as you came to an idea. Have you asked Hermiston folks why they didn't bid on the shoot? Get involved, encourage clubs to bid and not require soliciting for bids as Sir Crusher points out and maybe working for a solution will make things better for your view - then again, maybe not if your favorite spot feels they're just not up to it or for whatever reason....do, breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Hermiston??????....................ahahahahaahahahaha I pissed my pants laughing so hard. They turned what could have been one of the best Friday night fun shoots into the biggest joke around for a all draw backer buddy shoots on the Pomeroy weekend......and you think they can run the state shoot there? ..... Hermiston? hahahahahahaah. I needed this one for the day..... :) l.g.

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hi John, anything new and exciting?....Bob Dodd

10. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

In response to some who have asked me about cross registration - Shooters will be able to cross-register their targets at this shoot. Look at presquad.com and get signed up - spaces are filling up fast. If you don't have an ATA number, send me an e-mail (jadams@eotnet.net) and I will reserve your spot.

Delicate little fellow? That is an interesting description -

Thanks again,
    John Adams

11. randy-s

randy-s Member

Hello Mr Dodd,

Several of us from "south of the border" are thankful that the Oregon ATA State Shoot will be held just "north of the border". Bill Pease and I are pre-squadded and have a place to stay. Rumor has it that shooters from Sacramento and Redding will be in attendence as well. Do we need "green cards" or will pass ports do?

Randy Shelton

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Randy, it's likely I'll either be having surgery on the R arm, recuperating from that, or unable to attend due to problems with the arm and hand. I'd recommend at least a NW visa to stay any time in Orygun. You guys know Medford so you should have a great shoot. You may see me there just to socialize unless the surgery gets going sooner than later.

John, we replaced the Alpenlite with a HitchHiker that seems seriously oversized even though the math says it's real similar. We did get out quite a bit last year but the diesel costs limited us quite a bit too. That is why, if you haven't figgered it out, is why you've not seen me since several years ago. Try hard to consider coming to this shoot, not terribly long and you'll enjoy the club. April in Medford has a better chance of good weather than the wind and cold - but notice "better chance" does leave some wiggle room in case.

Crusher, do understand we're assisting your bumps not stealing the thread, eh? ;-)....Bob Dodd

13. cruiser

cruiser TS Member

What are the good hotels in the area?

Thanks in advace

14. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

little gambler, little in size, brains, or physical attributes? I suggest you change your pamper if you did. FD

15. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

FarmerD I'll change my pamper when you change your teeth. The truth hurts about your favorite club egh????? Sorry to say, but they took a shoot that could have ran until daylight and turned it into the biggest cluster f*** around. I'm sure the Oregon State shoot in 08' there will just be awesome.......l.g.

16. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Just throwiing this out for comment. What would you fellows in Eastern, Western, Southern Oregon and Ca. Id., Wa. think of having the ATA shoot in 2008 in the Central part of the State? Not excluding other states or providences.
    The Jefferson Co. R&G Club is consideriing on putting forth a bid. Located in Madras, Oregon about 50 miles from Bend. Eight Traps plus 1 Practice.

Post-2

17. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Post-2, there isn't a reason in the world that Jefferson Co. couldn't make a bid for future ATA state shoots in Oregon. I'm a distant member of the Jefferson Co. R&G club, however, and I really don't see adequate facilities in the present situation to host a shoot any where near the size they were attracting at Walla Walla. Walla Walla being the benchmark for recent year OR state shoots, I'd think it would be difficult for any current facility to match that; with a possible exception of Hillsboro and Medford both of whom managed to handle 1/2 each of the Grand Pacific in 2005. Your idea to get the shoot more centrally located and definitely located in Oregon should attract considerable support. Being closer to the WA shooters than S. Oregon wouldn't hurt either....breakemall....Bob Dodd

18. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

Post-2,
    I would encourage your club and any other club that is interested in hosting the ATA State Shoot to submit their Bid. I can assure you the Board of Directors will consider all bids submitted. All Oregon gun clubs should have received the bid information sheet and the Rookie Challenge information several weeks ago. If you or any other Oregon club has questions or comments please contact me at the e-mail posted above. We appreciate your interest in possibly hosting the ATA State Shoot and have had several discussions concerning your club hosting this event in the past.

Thank you,
    John Adams

19. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Please keep the comments coming. We have considered our size and might consider expanding. Haven't worked out all the details.

Thank you,
    Post-2

Gordon Howell

20. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Had a hunch that was you, Sir Gordon. I suggest you expand the search for comments to the known shooters or at least ask other clubs to poll their members. You're not getting the coverage here. Trust me, though, I'd welcome a Central Oregon venue of the size and backing to hold the larger shoots.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.