1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OREGON 2013 STATE SHOOT UPDATE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2llc, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

It might be of interest to note the LaGrande Gun club is using the pitch targets, will be using 4 brand new Pat traps and will have new pads on traps 1 and 4 for shooters enjoyment... Heathe and Wayne Paxton, Tom VanBell, Pat Gekler, Terry Ambrose and many others are busting butt to insure that those that travel to LaGrande will have a memorable time...... Larry

2. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how the computer link up handles the event. Has this been utilized before on a "real time". basis? Larry

3. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Mike where can I get a program.

Thx

Barry Kemper

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I drove past the club Thursday on my way to the coast, and saw people out working on the pads. Things looked very good.

A couple of hours later we drove past the Hermiston Club. Things there looked abandoned - overgrown with weeds, building looking deserted, etc. Is that club dead?

5. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

Just returned from LaGrande and things are coming together nicely for the shoot. For those that are coming to LaGrande needing of an RV space, please let me know as there are not many spaces and we will need to coordinate the large vs. small rigs at that location to accommodate everyone as best we can. LaGrande also has a motel deal with Travelodge (541-963-7116) for $45.00 (+ tax) per night - not far from the club. Should be a great shoot at either location and we encourage everyone to participate.

Computer links are the same links used during the Western Zone shoot via this website and scores reporting. Should be much simpler than an entire zone shoot as we only have two locations to coordinate. We are both in the same time zone, thus we should be able to organize and arrange shoot offs virtually real time and with simple phone or text connection know the results real time. This has been done for 2-3 years and works extremely well with the assistance of trapshooters.com.

Hermiston Gun Club is not dead and there are some folks working to bring it back. We have a new PAT trap on the way and are working on funding for some more. We will be out soon cleaning and mowing to get the place back in shooting shape. Give us a little time and you will see a variety of shoots being held once again in Hermiston.

Looking forward to seeing everyone one coming to LaGrande. I will be cashiering so if you have questions, please let me know.

John Adams
    OR State Delegate
    jadams@eotnet.net

6. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike,
    This is all a new experience to me so its very interesting to see how things work....... Larry

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I will have to admit that I have not paid attention to this thread as I live in Wisconsin.
    For some reason I just started reading it. I read a bit about the political stuff within the Oregon Association last year.
    Here is my question: I was always under the impression that you had to hold a State Shoot at one location because of the requirement to have an Annual Meeting in one place. At least I was of the understanding that this was an ATA rule.
    Am I wrong on this or has that been changed?

Thanks,

Tim

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I suspect he is confusing Oregon with Idaho.

9. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Pocatello,

I think you are correct. I just recall reading some stuff that was going on in a state in the West on this site.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.