1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Orange County FFL willing to accept from non FFL?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Anybody in Orange County CA know an FFL that is willing to accept an out of state transfer from an individual without an FFL.

Everyone I talked to wants it to go from FFL to FFL.

2. RayReys

RayReys Member

Unfortunately, not that I know of - I just had to do the very same thing; went FFL to FFL...used American Firearms Sales (Jan Merson) at the recommendation of a friend.

Side note - you're the guy on Calguns as well, correct? You also by chance a member of Socalmoto? I feel I've seen your handle somewhere motorcycle related.

Good luck, I'd be nice to know too.

3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I'm on Calguns, but not Socalmoto. I'm also on labusas.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Some of the clubs here have members who are FFLs who provide FFL services to other members at a discount rate. If you belong to a private club you may want to check with them. If they don't offer the service they may know who does. Also if you find an FFL willing to accept non-FFL shipments please pass the word to your club for the next guy. In fact that would be a worthwhile sticky note (FAQ) for TS.com considering all the gripes about selling and shipping to California that I see posted here and on other sites.

--- Chip King ---

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Give Mike Wirz a call at Wirz Wholesale: 909/677-7181, if can't get anyone in O.C. to receive your shipmen. Mike's not in the O.C.. He's in Highland in San Bernardino County Which is about two miles from Redlands Shooting park, sixty miles from the beach.

Surfer

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

out of state transfers also have to have approval from the State of California .Its the States way to make sure the FFL is State approved. There is a form that the FFL will have to have for his records other wise hell have a problem..

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I really don't see where those outside of CA think it's a big deal to send a gun to Ca FFL. I just bought a 682 and went from Alaska to CA with absolutely no issues at all.

8. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

YSR
    email me.
    dave

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I know three FFL in Los Angeles that accept guns from out of state non-FFLs.

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Please keep in mind that it is the right the FFL holder has to do business the best way he knows how. If he or she decides they don't want to risk handling a out of state gun from a out of state seller respect that. Having worked closely with an FFL I see what goes on.

Unless you have dealt with the govt in this area you really don't know the hassles you can get into. Regulations can change as whatever rules they dream up have the same weight as a law even if they were not voted on or approved by Congress. This is something that needs to be changed so FFL holders don't feel like they are walking a tightrope which varies from agent to agent and area to area. The IRS works like this a lot too from what I hear.

11. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I've used Straitline Tactical in Anaheim and Ade's in Orange. I'm pretty sure both will accept from a non-FFL holder.

There is also Ammo Bros in Cerritos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.