1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oral Arguments re 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shot410ga, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You would think they would have their stuff together before they step up to talk. Lawyers (*&^***%^$)#$^**

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I'll bet most of the justices had their minds made up before today. I watched most of it and the justices seemed to ask questions that steered the argument to their side of the political spectrum. This was particularly true of Stevens, Ginsgerg.

Jim

3. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Wow. This must mean they are thinking about reversing the ban on automatic weapons as well! Good News! :)

4. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

The outcome of the argument will fall more on the 80 or more briefs that were filed in opposition and in support of the ruling. The great majority were in support of the lower court ruling that the law was unconstitutional. I see it as a five to four ruling and a coin toss as to which way. The Heller group missed the boat when they lost the chance to have Ted Olsen argue their case. I did not like our sides argument that "reasonable" restrictions were OK. If Heller wins, that leaves it back in the hands of a bunch of judges for what is reasonable. Jimmy Borum

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Jimmy B, I agree, I didn't like the reasonable restriction thing either. I can see this ruling going the individual right direction with a loophole for unelected judges making rulings on what's reasonable. Translated that means we're still going to get screwed.

Jim

6. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Brian is going to be very unhappy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.