1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Optometrist, Question to ask?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goosecall, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I am getting my annual eye exam Friday, and would like some information on what you would ask. In the past my optometrist would take let me look out the window and at a distance, comparing two prescriptions, and see what I saw was better for a prescription.
    Does anyone use the prescription inserts from Ranger, or the Saved Optics, that SunBuster, or NYX uses? 10tenner

2. Chris

Chris TS Member

I use the NYX insert.

What is your question? I really like mine!

Chris

3. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Does anyone use the prescription inserts from Ranger, or the Saved Optics, that SunBuster, or NYX uses? I am currently using Decots, but at the cost of 3 or 4 lens a year!! Are there any distortions with the double lenses, and is the field of view limited? what about the optical center, I know Decots or Post 4 move about 3mm - 4mm up? 10tenner

4. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I use Rudy Project glasses w/rx insert.I like them very much.

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

10Tenner,

You have a PM.

Matt Woodson

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have the NYX with inserts, and prefer a Decot style w/o the insert. A few years ago, I sent the right lense only (right eye dominant) of all my colored lense to Decot. It was quite a bit cheaper. The NYX are light and comfy to wear, but I think the inserts are too narrow.

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I would like more information on the inserts. Can someone post here or should I look at a certain website?

8. steve coker

steve coker Member

I use the Ranger XLW with inserts. They are somewhat heavy but you get use to them over a periord of time and they do fog up on occasions. Why not ask you optometrist if you can use contact lense, then you can use a neutral lense without a prescription.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.