1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

options

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Francis Marion, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I was looking for a little advice, and I'm sure this is the place to go. What is the general thought on 25 and 50 options. At a large shoot ( 450 plus ) is there a chance to make a little money, or are there so many big scores that the money gets diluted. I'm somewhat new at this and would appreciate any info.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

At a large shoot, you better be able to run 'em all or stay out of the options.

A straight Lewis can be luck of the draw....??

Curt

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Many years ago, a very good local shooter traveled to shoots all over the northeast, southeast and midwest. He played the options and kept track of his options expenditures and his winnings for that shooting season. He lost money. He was a good shooter but unfortunately not a great one, for those usually are the ones whom we average shooters support when we ante up. Yes, you'll hit the odd Lewis here and there for a few bucks more than the option cost and you might make fifty or a hundred bucks on a 25s or 50s option in handicap now and then but when the dust settles, you most often come out further ahead by keeping your option money where it is now.

Remember, for there to be a few winners, there has to be a lot of losers.

Ed

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My experience is the same as stated by Ed.....Bob Dodd

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

If you want to double your money, take it out of your pocket, fold it and put back into your pocket.

Hence, you will be doubling your money.

No charge for this information. lol

Hauxfan!

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Curt A straight Lewis is not quite the "luck of the draw". A straight Lewis that pays three places is a 1/3 high gun purse.

Pat Ireland

7. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

In handicap, I play the entire card every time. If you have the money, do it.

Walker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.