1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

optima bore extented chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sydney7, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sydney7

sydney7 TS Member

I am shooting a beretta 682 gold e combo thinking of buying extented optima bore chokes from factory beretta.Any feed back? are they worth it?or should I just keep useing the factory flush chokes?

2. emm2

emm2 Member

I own a set of Carlson's chokes and they pattern great in my 682 gold e. The factory chokes did not pattern as tight and had more holes in the pattern.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I use the factory extendeds and they pattern great for me...I think the internal finish smoothness is really only matched by a couple of the aftermarket choke guys

4. Rockeee1

Rockeee1 TS Member

I use the beretta optima extended chokes,the IM just completely dusts targets from the sixteen,i can't see how another company could improve on those chokes.You can't go wrong with your choice,good luck Rocky

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I had bad luch with Optima chokes. Too much variation, and none of them shot to the same POI. Had much better luck with Brileys.

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I got a set of Briley extended chokes and found that they pattern a little tighter and more consistently than the factory flush choke. The outlet diameter was the same between the two. I used shotgun insight to determine the performance.

The Beretta IM choke in my Etchen combo is really great, but the Briley is just a little better. At least that is my experience.

-Aaron

7. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

Wrights, the only way to go. www.wrightsgunsmiths.com tele-618357 8921
    Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

8. Loyac

Loyac Member

First I tried the Beretta extended Optima factory chokes, they were OK. Then I tried the Briley Spectrum... Great choke, better than the Beretta. Fianally I tried Wrights IM... INCREDIBLE!!!!! (I only wish they had slots)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.