1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oprah a skeet shooter? Really?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I've been told that Oprah Winfrey has participated in a celebrity shooting event in the past. Is this true? Should I snopes it?

LA

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

That's funny Trappy. Jake

3. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

Who cares?

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Absolutely, she is a well known s--- shooter.

Pat Ireland

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I can for a fact confirm that she donated a pair of running shoes that were signed to a Charity shooting event silent auction, I was there. These were acuired by a fellow hollywood producer. They did not bring the money expected. What people did not realize was that Oprah's signature is not an easy item to get. She knows that it can bring big bucks on open auction sites, therefore most all correspondence with her goes via a personal assistant without her signature. The charity was Wish Upon a Star.

Scott

6. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

To continue on Trappy's line of thought...........

I deliver mail, and we still hand-sort all of our "flat" mail -- magazines, catalogs, newspapers, etc.

This MOST-LIBERAL woman even has her own magazine, called ..........what else?
    OPRAH Magazine ! What a surprise.....

Every month when it arrives for delivery, someone will shout out in the office in the morning, "Three guesses as to who is on the cover of OPRAH this month" !

As for the shooting question..........I seriously doubt she ever has, unless it was to garner more publicity for herself or her political agenda.

I find it most-comical how all the Democrats who would take glee in the confiscation of our firearms, suddenly become "hunters" or "shooters" when it comes to wooing your vote. Although they despise everything we stand for on the issue of private ownership, they reluctlantly realize the clout that we carry to the polls.

Also makes me recollect a mailing by the Kerry campaign in 2004 -- showing him handling an over & under shotgun, professing his love of hunting and shooting.

.......I would have looked more gracious and comfortable handling a timber rattler !!!!

7. KenC

KenC Member

Maybe she'll give K80s to every member of her audience like she did with the cars. ;>)

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have some serious doubts that Oprah has ever shot a round of skeet or anything else for that matter being as she is at the head of the line when it comes to being against guns and the owners of same ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah, she's a skeet shooter....just like John Kerry is a deer hunter.

10. porky

porky TS Member

I can just imagine her telling how she crawled on her belly, fat one that it is, out on the skeet fields sneaking up on those skeet birds so she could shoot them.

11. atashooter

atashooter Member

Git-er-Done, you got to stop that, I done 'bout wet my drawers laughing ...

12. jrdaniels

jrdaniels TS Member

kenc- Maybe after she gives everyone in the audience a K80, she will have them pay the tax on it before they can actually have it. Just like she did with the cars.

13. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

im not an oprah fan either, but it preplexs me why all the personal attacks about her looks, and the good things she has done, like the school and cars? milt luther

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You really don't think that Oprah paid for those cars she gave away or any of the other items she gifts to her audience? They are trade outs for the "advertising" the product makers get by having her talk about the items on her show.

That kind of personal interaction by Oprah with the products is priceless advertising. She has enormous clout with her tv audience and advertisers know that.

Eric

15. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

It's long enough she can shoot skeet off her little boat.

Bo

16. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Who knows, but I doubt it. She may have shot skeet once or twice on a whim or for a photo op, but I SERIOUSLY doubt if she is a shooter of any sort. I once rode a bull in Okla while I was in the Air Force there being young and dumb at the time! I stayed on ALMOST 6 seconds before he tossed me about 20 yards! I certainly would NOT call myself a bull rider because of that one experience!

17. Lew

Lew TS Member

No she is not. I used to see Woppie Goldberg at some of the ranges in So Cal with her crew from her former show.

18. porky

porky TS Member

The things that Oprah does is for her ego and status in society. Publicity is how she got where she is. Even the things that are done for the poor people of Africa are photo opps for her. If Oprah has one of her people find a deal to promote, believe me she doesn't have the where-with-all to find them, she promotes them. This even includes her book of the month. Her people are the ones that give her the books to read after they read them. She has a staff that is huge.Oprah promotes the blacks and only the blacks.It's just that the housewives of the U.S. are looking for something to do with their spare time and Oprah has been their go to guy for it.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

just another pointless waste of oxygen.

HM

20. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Trappy....although he is only 16....is quite the thinker. Today we salute you Trappy for your quick wit and exquisite humor.

Forrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.