1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opions/Input on stock lock system by Dawson ENt.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by George MT., Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Hello, Im looking for input from shooters who use or have used the Dawson Stock Lock sytem.Im considering getting one for my K-80 Trap Special but being that I live in Montana where only 1 shooter I know has one and he lives 300 miles away I really have not had the opportuninty to try one.Thanks in advance for any replys,George.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd start by looking at the names of users on their website....

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Top shelf-if you can afford it !

4. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

George, we have one that was bought new in May. 1/4" offset rh and 1/4" rh toe with new Kreighoff matching forearm for $2100.00 incl s/h, email if interested. Thanks, Doug @ SGS
    Ps. it is for a Trap Special

5. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo has shot with a Stock Lock almost since it was first introduced years ago, he wouldn't want to shoot without it.

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

George,

Not quite true as Jim Jones of Butte has one. You could call him.....but with the other recommendations..I would think it's a no brainer. I would if I could.

Rick

7. George MT.

Thanks for the replys,I spoke with Pat monday.He is sending a stock to me and should be here wensday.I should be able to put it on the gun and be able to try it out wensday eve.Rick I was also told the Gene Clawson has one too?The weather is fairly nice so I should get a pretty good idea of how thing with shoot out.Sincerly George Jr. MT.

8. bigben

bigben Active Member

George you"re going to really enjoy it! I have em on my Seitz, k-80 special and my p gun, fatigue when shooting either sustained hpcp loads or when in shoot-offs is greatly reduced, as Leo says they are the best! Many of the serious accomplished shooters use them because thsy work! incinerate em!

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

George, Yes Gene is also shooting one...I think he is the one that talked Jimmy Jones into it. Let me know how you like it.

Rick

10. George MT.

Hey rick, I had a chance to try one out last nite and it was excellent.There are some fitting issues that I will have to work out but just to really check out the recoil end of things I shot fairly heavey loads for both shots of doubles and I was able to keep my face on the comb.I dont plan on doing this as a regular shell selection for doubles but I was inmpressed with the ability of the stock to reduce recoil.The only thing that really bothered me was the forward part of the comb hitting the thumb of my right hand when the stock moved inward.I will have to probalbly get a different comb made to deal with that issue.What a great stock,I cant wait to work out the details with Pat soon. George JR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.