1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opion on Kolar shotguns

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by valley1, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valley1

valley1 TS Member

0   0   0

Need opions on Kolar shotguns.I am looking at Kolar sporter 32" barrels.I am not familar with Kolars your opion would be greatly appreciated.Likes and dislikes please.
    Thank you
    Val

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

0   0   0

You'll never need another shotgun and they are made in America!

Steve

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Can't say enough about the gun,the company or the service. Excellent on all accounts.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I love mine and wouldn't buy anything else. I prefer the .750 bore to the .740 bore. They are heavy but well balanced gun. Try one before you buy one. I let people shoot mine all the time and have yet to have any negative comments. Bill Malcolm

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I could not agree more with everything that has been said above. Built like a tank with unmatched service commitment behind it. Kolar is like no one else out there.

6. valley1

valley1 TS Member

0   0   0

7. RAScott

RAScott Member

0   0   0

Kolar trap combo. Love it. no recoil. I let a friend shoot it last nite and you couldn't get the smile off his face, thanked me many times last nite.

Kolar has great sevice if you need it. and MADE IN AMERICA! it may be the only thing left made in this country.

Bob S

8. RAScott

RAScott Member

0   0   0

I will stick with this brand.

9. valley1

valley1 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks everyone
    Val

10. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

0   0   0

How is Kolar's business holding up during tuff times? Sure nice gun, One last a life would be worth the money propely fitted.

11. kolarshooter1981

kolarshooter1981 TS Member

0   0   0

Just my opinion, i really enjoy my Kolar. From the stock, to the recoil, to the overall balance. I got a .750 bore Max combo and i really like the gun. I have spoken to Kolar several time with questions and they are always prompt with an answer. You get what you pay for, American!!!

12. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

0   0   0

Went thru the factory last week on a business trip and one of the owners spent acouple of hours with me and introduced me to everyone....WOW!!!!!!! Awesome facility and quality guns!!!! I'm gald they are "AMERICAN MADE" as well!! Come on America buy here!!!! I am!!!!!! I fondled every gun they had like a kid in a candy store!!!!!!!!

13. perazzipaul

perazzipaul TS Member

0   0   0

the best thing for you is to try a couple of friends guns and see how you like them.

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Do try one first and see how you like them. Next I'll explain a little about the Perazzi, and Krieghoff's, they have to go to national government type test center to be proofed. So overboreing of any size, porting, or lenthen forceing cones will not go though this process. Only after that process will the companies install these extra's and at a extra price as well. Kolar's will include these extra's at the normal price and this alone will save you big money. Next if your P gun or K gun has to back to the factory to have any warranty work done, it will take months before you get it back. Kolar is american made and has the best warrenty in this country. You can get a .740 or .750 bore barrel w/ no extra cost,porting or reduced forcing cones and the whole bit. Any of these guns are made to last a lifetime, but ask yourself if you shoot your whole life will you not need to send back to factory at least a few times. Do you want a week turn around or one that lasts for months. Good Luck and Break-em all. Oh, Yeh, Krieghoff now states that if you use reloads you void the factory warrenty as well. Perazzi's, If their triggers are so good how come there is a company out there that sells $2,000 triggers just for there guns? I have a 870 that shoots very good and strait. So what do you get for a $10,000 gun? If I can get a strait barrel from a 870, I say its reliableity and a great trigger, great balance, w/ excellent service. Now your talking Kolar all the way. Jeff

15. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

What they all said............

16. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

0   0   0

In my opinion...Kolars are very good guns, but try one a few times before you buy one. I tried one once before I bought it and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Shot it great for a week. After that I could hit nothing with it! I didn't own it long, but it soured me on the whole Kolar experience. I'm not saying you won't be able to shoot one, just a warning!

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Any gun is good if you can shoot to your liking. I know several people who have bought Kolar guns and have not been successful with them. They kept them for a short period of time and went to another brand & have now become good shooters again. Just a personal thought, if any one gun was that much superior to anything out there---don't you think it would be the exclusive gun of the top dogs.

Phil Berkowitz

18. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have to agree with Justin and Phil. I too know shooters who have bought them and after a period of time, got rid of them. Include me in that group.

Hauxfan!

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

My experience wiht a T/S Kolar is a bit different. I got fitted and the gun fit great. A week later the gun did not fit and I adjusted the comb. A week later, the gun did not fit again and I again adjusted the comb. By the time I was doen the comb was off into right field and the gun was uncomfortable. And there ain't no stock exchanging. To their credit they moved it down the road to a guy that thought he could shoot it and I took my $1000 bath. So, when you get fitted, see if you can take a comparable gun over to the Winchester range and balst a couple hundred. and I will tell you that I consider my fitting to be my (MY) mistake and not Ramaglia's. Or Boxhorn's is another place to go shoot. But if you cna be more discerining than I was, likely you will come out of the Kolar fitting experience wiht a lifetime gun. I might try again. At the time I bought mine the trapshooting community was in heat over the new T/S and Kolar did not have a full compliment of stocks fo rme to try. Prob different now.

20. msmith

msmith Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Mine is 4yrs old and I like it. The only bad thing is they have poor resale value. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar arms fitting process

opinions on kolar shotguns