1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Clay Gauge, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay Gauge

Clay Gauge Member

I am thinking of buying a Ruger 1911...I know they haven't been around long but wondering how they are working out? Handling, Accuracy etc.

Thanks

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

They are like any gun that is at the low end of the cost spectrum. They seem to be OK, but are a little rough around the edges.

Remember, the saying, "you get what you pay for" is most obvious at both ends of the spectrum.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

How much do the Rugers go for?

4. Clay Gauge

Clay Gauge Member

Around $700

5. Woodstock

Woodstock TS Member

FWIW, I have had a Ruger 1911 since they were introduced and have had zero issues. It is very accurate and contrary to an opinion above is not rough around the edges. I also have a Springfield Armory 1911 that was built for me by Les Baer when he ran their custom shop and the Ruger is just as accurate. The Ruger is my goto 1911.

woodstock_2008_030315.jpg

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have two friends that bought Ruger 1911s, they they are very satisfied with them. I have handled them, but not shot them. They didn't look all too rough around the edges to me. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a Kimber 1911, Tactical Custon II, and I love it. I'm just not fond of stainless guns. Just me. Good Luck. Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.