1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions: Remington Model 700 LV SF

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rjstubbl, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjstubbl

rjstubbl Member

I am looking at a Remington Model 700 LV SF. (22-250) I see that Remington has discontinued them. I'm just looking for opinions on them. How they shoot, quality, feel, etc.

Any opinions will be helpful.

Thanks

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

They have way to many models that duplicate each other. It has nothing to do with the way the gun performs. I have owned a couple of them over the years and own one at the moment. they are far more accurate then they need to be. mine will shoot 1/4 inch with handloads and less then an inch with cheap factory ammo.

It will shoot 1/2 or so with premium factory ammo.

all I have done to the gun is adjust the trigger to 3 pounds with zero creep and had the gun skim bedded.

Out of the box it shot 1/2 inch with handloads that were tuned to the gun.

I would not hesitate to buy one. Be wary of used ones in excellent shape as 22-250 barrels are only good for so many rounds before the throat washes out. Good luck! Jeff

3. rjstubbl

rjstubbl Member

I know but I want one that's light and easy to carry.

4. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

I have one in 7mm-08 and it is a shooter also. I bedded it and the trigger is rock solid at 2 3/4 #. My best 5 shot group with FACTORY federal premium barnes tripple shocks is .284 Can't imagine why I would reload to improve that for a hunting rifle. It will shoot well under and inch at 300 if I do my part. Nice and light to carry and just an all round good gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.