1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions: Remington Model 700 LV SF

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rjstubbl, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjstubbl

rjstubbl Member

I am looking at a Remington Model 700 LV SF. (22-250) I see that Remington has discontinued them. I'm just looking for opinions on them. How they shoot, quality, feel, etc.

Any opinions will be helpful.

Thanks

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They have way to many models that duplicate each other. It has nothing to do with the way the gun performs. I have owned a couple of them over the years and own one at the moment. they are far more accurate then they need to be. mine will shoot 1/4 inch with handloads and less then an inch with cheap factory ammo.

It will shoot 1/2 or so with premium factory ammo.

all I have done to the gun is adjust the trigger to 3 pounds with zero creep and had the gun skim bedded.

Out of the box it shot 1/2 inch with handloads that were tuned to the gun.

I would not hesitate to buy one. Be wary of used ones in excellent shape as 22-250 barrels are only good for so many rounds before the throat washes out. Good luck! Jeff

3. rjstubbl

rjstubbl Member

I know but I want one that's light and easy to carry.

4. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

I have one in 7mm-08 and it is a shooter also. I bedded it and the trigger is rock solid at 2 3/4 #. My best 5 shot group with FACTORY federal premium barnes tripple shocks is .284 Can't imagine why I would reload to improve that for a hunting rifle. It will shoot well under and inch at 300 if I do my part. Nice and light to carry and just an all round good gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.