1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions Please 2 guns NIB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JRW, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRW

JRW Member

I just purchased a Ruger Super Blackhawk 8" BBL, and Rem 3200 trap 32" both NIB. Would you shoot them or save them? Jerry in MI.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The only problem with buying pre-owned NIB guns is what are you gong to do with it?

Usually NIB will command a premium over a 98% gun, sometimes quite a bit, if you don't keep them in NIB condition, you instantly lost the premium you paid. If you bought a 98% gun, shoot it and keep it 98%, it'll always be a 98% gun. Can't do that with NIB.

If you intend to shoot it, why paid the premium buying pre-owned NIB?

I don't know if SB and 3200 has any collector's values worth saving them NIB, if they don't, or you don't think they'll appreciate in the future, might as well enjoy shooting them.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

They only have value based on what you paid for them. If you paid NIB prices, then you have nothing other than safe stuffers. If you got a bargain on these two guns, sell them at NIB retail and move on. It is my experience that guns depreciate over the short haul and few ever actually appreciate over the long haul. the exceptions are guns that continue to be made and the old guns kinda keep up with new gun values. Lot of exceptions and few actual rules. But no matter what you do, buy low so you can sell high.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Shoot 'em both. That's why they were made, to shoot.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shoot them both- no collectors value

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I dont own a gun that I dont shoot. To me its kinda like a car you dont drive...whats the use? I say shoot em!

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

I would not shoot the SBH. .44 mag hurts too much. You could work up a nice light load though.

MIA hit it. I am going to be selling a lot of my "crap" and plan on losing money on most of it.

Don Verna

8. Portigee Duckman

Portigee Duckman TS Member

So ,What is the value of a New in the Box 3200 trap w/32's ?

9. rick979

rick979 Active Member

If Jerry bought those two guns at the "Harrison/Wheeler auction" on Tuesday evening he paid a really high price for both of them.

10. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Jerry has bought and sold a lot of guns over the year's. I doubt he gave too much for either and I also doubt he'll be able to keep from shooting the 3200!

Eddie Quire

11. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I would think the answer depends on why you bought these two guns in the first place. If you bought them to shoot them...then shoot them.

If you bought them as "investments", then clearly, shooting them will lower their value.

As to their potential as investments..well...there are probably better investments.

bluedsteel

12. JRW

JRW Member

Thank you for your replies. I have always shot it if I bought it so I will probably try them out. Jerry

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A scope and a set of Pachmayer grips will tame that 44 down nicely. the original grips will tear up your hand.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.