1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OPINIONS ON WALTHER P99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Loyac, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

Any opinions and first hand experiences (good or bad) on the Walther P99? Thanks. john

2. Loyac

Loyac Member

Anyone?

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Would I have one as a range toy, yes. Would I have to for any other purpose, no.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Walter P99 (the current James Bond gun), is one of the best in the 21st century. IMO.

I have, had three,, P99, P99Q, and P99AS. Same gun with different trigger.

First I want to say I'm a big M9/92F service pistol fan, which never failed me, no matter what kind of cheap, dirty, ammo I put in, even some out of spec factory seconds, it goes bang and feed everytime I pull the trigger. That being said, if I ever want to pick a replacement service pistol, it'll be P99. Way in front of Sig, HK, and Glock.

P99 has all the feature I ever needed, DA/SA trigger with easy set, safe decocker, cocking indicator, ambidextrous control, fastest magazine release. AND: don't need to pull the trigger to take it apart.

5. quartering

quartering Active Member

it's hard to believe that it's a 20 year old design! i bought one when they first came out for ipsc competition, just for something different. it was not a viable competition gun due to all the monkey motion of the trigger pull. after i sold it they came out with the qa design but i've never picked one up to see what the improvement was. otherwise, i thought it was a great gun with excellent ergonomics/pointability. good luck with it

6. torqueman

torqueman Member

I have the sw99 Bought it new when it first came out carry it everywhere never failed me and will eat eneything, love the decocker and the hammer indicator. good luck1 JOE

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

It is a good gun. I have the father of that one a P88. There was one for sale in my area at a really good price but as we all know from time to time cash was not at hand. Check the price on Blue Book and if its a agreeable price buy it. You will not be sorry that you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.