Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions on THUMBHOLE stocks!

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Straight50 
#1 ·
Today at the Silver Dollar Club I picked up a Browning BT-100 with a thumbhole stock. Felt pretty good to me but I have heard the TH 100's bring less money than a conventional stock version, and you never see the top guns shooting a thumbhole stock. What is the deal? What is your opinion on these stocks? Any particular reason why they are not more popular? Jack

#2 ·
Jack, I Bought A BT-100 thumbhole Stock Gun A good many years ago and HATED It. I could not keep the stock from tearing my thumb up. You should have seen the look on my wife's face when she saw me with a "Wood Rasp" working on that stock. I tried everything i could think of But, to no avail.Would Rather Have a 2X4 wired on a receiver than a "Dumbhole Stock". Joe W.

#3 ·
The Browning BT 100 Thumbhole stocks are not very friendly for shooters with medium to small sized hands. With the trigger slid all the way rearward its a tough reach. I thought the stock felt really comfortable except when time to pull the trigger. That said, you can understand why I switched stocks.

#4 ·
I bought a BT 100 Thumbhole and loved it...so, I bought a Broadway thumbhole and it kicked the crap out of me. I bought a thumbhole blank for my 390 and never shot it. I just outgrew the need to be different. My PFS adjust to fit and takes care of the recoil...so, I spent the money on really nice wood PFS grips and am as happy as can be. It is all just part of the experience. I have never seen one of the big boys shooting a thumbhole.

JON

#7 ·
I have a BT100 with a thumbhole stock and it fits fine as far as length goes - no problems with recoil or reaching the trigger - but I need a bit of cast off and can't get it as I can't move the comb. It now sits in my safe - looks brand new and pouts continuously about not being allowed to go along with all the rest.

rm

#10 ·
I have to agree with Joe and Dan. I had one in Stainless. Nice gun but it hurt my hand to shoot it. With the trigger all of the way back I could just barely reach the trigger. As it was a release trigger I never did feel comfortable shooting it.I would not own another.

Jerry

#11 ·
I had one a couple of years ago, when I first started shooting trap. I liked it and shot it well (for me) but sold it so I could buy a "new gun", then another "magic gun", and then another, and....well, some of you know the rest of the story. Is there such a thing as a trapshooters AA.
Anyway, I have always regretted selling the BT-100 thumbhole. Well, I found another one, I bought MIA's BT-100 last week. Now, if I can just get it into the garage without her seeing it when it arrives, I'll be home free. After it gets into the safe, they all look the same to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.