Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions on the SIG ARMS P-238

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Voolfie 
#1 ·
I am considering buying a Sig P238. Does anyone currently own one that could provide some pros/cons?

Thanks,
John (CREEK)

#2 ·
Great carry gun. I have two of them with the laser. Obviously the capacity is low but it's so easy to conceal. I use mine with a cross breed holster and it's the best carry gun that I have. The reliability has been good too but you would expect that from anything made by Sig.

#5 ·
I have one that is my "dog walking" gun. It slips right into a pocket and is virtually unnoticable.
When I bought the gun, I wanted to see how it was to shoot, so I brought it to shoot steel plates one Saturday. The recoil is very easy to manage and at 15 yards, it knocked down steel poppers with some authority.

#9 ·
I have one and my son in law has one.
there a nice gun that can fit in a pocket.
there is a new 7 round magazine that allows for a better grip. also there is a new recoil spring thats a big improvement. small gun with full size sights adds to the shoot ability.
TOP GUN SUPPLY sells the mags and springs.
I would recommend it

#10 ·
The 238 is good gun other than the trigger pull. I have had some really good smiths look at the triggers to lessen the pull and for the most part you get what you get. 8lbs. Is just a little heavy. If someone could get the pull down around five I would be really happy.

#11 ·
Many good comments already posted regarding Sig. They are good quality. I shot several rds through and carried the 239 off-duty, for a while, back in the day. It was just too big for a satisfactory concealment gun. My search ended up with a Kahr full size and later the PM9.
Vic

#15 ·
Thanks to all for the responses. I have wanted to replace my KelTec .380 with something a bit more substantial. I plan on looking for one with a good price; if you know of one, let me know.

Thanks,
John Radtke (CREEK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.