1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on the KX-5

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I shot a KS-5 the other day and was wondering what the advantage of the KX was over the KS? What is different?

Thanks,
    Forrest

2. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I have owned and shot both extensvely. I see no advantage when comparing them. I still own a KS-5 (given and fitted to my wife). I personally shoot a K80 Trap special combo....now there is a definite difference.

In my opinion, either of the "K" 5's are solid guns and will do a great job for a shooter. They are well built and will last a long time. My only complaint is that then locking/unlocking lever also cocks the gun when opening...I found this to require extra effort. Other than that....both are great guns.

JMHO

Jim Cruz

3. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

KX-5 has a different forearm iron. The KX-5 forearm wood butts up to the forearm iron near the hinge pin, while the KS-5 forearm wood extends down to the hinge. KX uses a push button release on forearm. KS uses a lever release.

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

k80 that is really what i was looking for....im not in the market to buy one...just trying learn something new!
    thanks,
    Forrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.