1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on the Bt- 100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by max trap, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max trap

max trap Member

Looking for some feedback on the Bt-100.
    Pros and Cons.....
    Thanks Ed

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I certainly like mine. The only drawback for me was the beavertail forearm was too wide for my small hand. I had Peter Hamann(from Pete's List on here)up in New York duplicate my Rottweil forearm dimentions on a "Competition" piece of wood, and it is my gun of choice now when I go to shoot.

Dave in SC

3. guido

guido Member

Excellent trap gun.

Guido

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I like the one I have for sale. Shoots real nice and flat but I have 4 trap guns and don't need them all. Bulge.

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

One of the Best Trap Gun Values in the industry! You could get one in Stainless with a Drop Out Adjustable Trigger....Etc. Etc.

Built by Browning to compete with the the Perazzi's and Krieghoffs of the world at a fraction of the cost...Unfortunately people didn't pay more for the additional features and the BT-99 became the standard and eventually Browning discontinued the 100....I own one and love it! Not one issue....

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Shoot it before you buy it. Mine shot dead flat. 50/50
    Got rid of it in a hurry.

7. BBob

BBob TS Member

I was fortunate to get the Stainless BT100 MIA had for sale a few months ago. Absolutely love the gun! I could not have bought the gun from a more knowledgable sharing individual than Jack. He shared with me everything a person needs to know to make a Browning last a lifetime. Best gun I have ever purchased. You can make them shoot anywhere you want and I adjusted my gun to 90/10, my choice. Bill

8. DickG

DickG TS Member

The only problem I had with mine was with the adjustable comb. The hardware was junk, and the comb would not hold a setting. Kept moving. So, I sold it.

9. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I love my BT-100! I bought it mostly for the tapered rib which gives me a 90/10 pattern. I like the adjustable trigger as well, but watch out! DO NOT over-torque the set screw in the trigger blade, which is made of 'pot-metal'. The retaining bars will break and the trigger blade will cost about $75 to replace. You may also find that the OEM Browning chokes will not pattern as well as after-market tubes, such as Brileys.

Other than that, it's a great trap gun for the money!

LA in MA

10. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Over the years, I have had all three models...stainless, gloss blue and satin. The satin isn't worth beans, IMHO. The other two are great for the flexibility and adjustability. I have had both thumbhole and adj. comb. I even had a thumbhole with an adjustable comb. These guns shoot well. I have recoil issues and couldn't get any of them settled down. I certainly would own one again.

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.