1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on SKB Gun Cases Wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ExFedex, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Want input on experiences with this model travel case. I know there are more expensive and also cheaper but want to see if they can survive the airline industry. Thaks again.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I have one. I like it it is a good case at a good price. But I would not send it off on a airline. They do have a good warranty with up to a certain dollar limit for a payout if your gun is damaged, but it is low and will take time to get. If your getting on a plane get a metal case. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

A few years ago a friend and I took our guns on an airline flight. His in an SKB case, mine in an Americase. Both guns got there fine. On the return flight, his SKB case came down the luggage carousel, barely held together by one lock. It had evidently been dropped on a corner. The frame was warped, one lock had come loose and the other was barely holding on. My Americase survived just fine. I suppose you could say the SKB was strong enough to endure the abuse it had been put through although just barely, and I would never entrust any gun I cared about in anything but a strong metal case. The SKB is a good case for safely holding a gun for local travel but its not the case you want for airline travel. The airline industry does certify many of these plastic type cases as acceptable to use on an airline flight but that doesn't mean its going to safely get your gun through the abuse it takes.

4. 3357

3357 Member

I have not found a better case for air travel than the Cabelas aluminum case with welded seems and beveled corners. The 4 locks with stainless steel rod and full length hinge have held up very well for me.

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thanks for your input. It is appreciated. Bill H.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Your welcome Bill. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Flown over 20 times with my SKB case and never a problem,,,,sounds like someone may have been "trying" to get in yours...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb gun cases trapshooters