1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on shooting ATA at Forest City TC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Opinions on shooting ATA at Forest City Club, Savannah, GA? Club photos look first rate. Would appreciate all impressions, good, bad, ugly, or indifferent. Three day shoot upcomming called the "Sand Gnat Special". Club sets on a marsh. Are the gnats really bad to the point of misery? Trying to determine if it is worth the trip(175 miles one way). Thanks, Marc

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Marc,

Go. Its a great club with lots of amenities. Beautiful clubhouse and fields. Bring some bug repellent for the gnats in the morning. Other than a few bugs its a great place to shoot. Lots of nice reasonable hotels within a 10-15 minute drive. GREAT restaurants (Try "Pearls, Elegant Pelican")

Only reason I'm not going is a prior commitment which would cost me half my stuff if I weasel out and go to a trap shoot...if you catch my drift.

Have fun in Savannah and I hope to see you there the next shoot they have.

Bob Schultz

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Jeff, You never madde it up this way, I still owe you a cold one. :)

Bob, I'll never forget the marital discussion's one day during a coffe break at a bird preserve. One fellow mentioned his divorce in progress and I commented that I'd figured out a long time ago that I couldn't afford one when another fellow chimed in " I know I can't afford to halve my half again".

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

As a Parris Island Marine the sand fleas in that area have a very "SPECIAL" place in my heart. This time of year you should have no problem with them at all as the season is over for the year. Beautiful country and fantastic food just about anywhere you go. The folks that live there are great folks as well I still have friends there from 40 years ago. It will be worth the drive.

--- Chip King ---

5. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Directions -I am driving to FL. soon-- Dennis--Bob is there anyone you do not know!!??? WOW.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

It's not on the way to Arizona Jeff, but I'd like to surprise you there anyway. The club looks great. A very dear departed skeet shooter, George Haywood, used to rave about your club back in the 70's. I'm sure you have some older members that would remember him from the World's. :) Great guy and memories.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Shot the GA state shoot there back in the 90's. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Savannah's great.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I shot the first Dixie Grand there and it was a very nice place then. Surrounding community was very good and would have gone back but then the Dixie moved to Florida.

Don

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Forest City is a great club and Savannah is a wonderful town to tour.

Pat Ireland

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Shot the NSSA World at Forest City in 1990 and 1992 before the property was divided. Did not get bitten by any kind of bug either year. I can't wait to go back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.