1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Rossi Single Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Am considering a Rossi synthetic single shot break open gun for my son. May I solicit opinions from those that have had experience with it? Thanks. JM

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I use an NEF 410 single shot during our youth day shoot, for our youngest and smallest shooters. The main drawback is they have a hard time pulling the external hammer back. I cut the stock to 12" LOP and installed a Limbsaver pad. They shoot at stationary targets, just to get them introduced to shotguns. Bigger kids can handle better guns. I have a Mossberg 500 Super Bantam in 20 gauge and a Remington 1100 youth gun that we use also. Shotgunworld has a subforum just for young shooters. Lots of good information. (see link) Mark

3. ky4some

ky4some Member

The Rossi single shot is an outstanding youth gun. My son has a 3 barrel combination - 22LR, 20 gauge, .243 Win. All 3 barrels are accurate and the gun is well built. I find the Rossi to have better weight balance than any of the NEF products. I choose the wood stock model for my son as it adds some weight and quite frankly it looks better and appears better made than the synthetic stock. My son actually began his trap shooting with the little Rossi single shot. He was hitting plenty of targets with the 22" barrel 20 gauge.

Mike Kamer

4. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

I got the .410/ .22 combo when my son was about 65 lbs. The .22 is very accurate and fun. You would be surprised how much the .410 can recoil in such a light gun. I put as much shot in a zip lock bag as I could tape/ stuff into the plastic stock, plus added some moleskin on the comb, and shaped a small recoil pad instead of the plastic butt plate on the end. Didn't cost hardly anything to do the extras and made it much more pleasant for him to shoot. Watch the recoil on the young/ light shooters. Overall it is hard to beat for the money and to get them shooting.

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your inputs. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rossi single shot opinion