1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Remington Gun Clubs???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by obfd13, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obfd13

obfd13 Member

For the third week in a row, Dick's has had ammunition on sale. The Remington Gun Clubs are $54.80 a case, and with a $10 off coupon it's hard to beat $44.80 for a case price. Any thoughts or opinions on the Gun Club loads???

2. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Buy them...and reload them.

Forrest

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Where are you finding the $10 off coupons?

4. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Just a small word of advice when buying Remington shells from “Dicks”, before you consider something a good price make sure that the “flat” has 250 shells in it and not only 200 as they often do at “Dicks”.

5. obfd13

obfd13 Member

Someone on a previous thread talked about 20 to a box, but all the gun clubs I've seen at Dick's are 25 to a box. I don't know, but maybe it's the all-purpose shells or another brand that only has 20.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

By all means, by them and leave the hulls in a box behind the field. I have a DANDY reload for them! LOL

7. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Mr. Charles,

Someone was going to ask you about this sooner or later...how do the all purpose loads come 20 to a box, but 250 to the flat? Or was it just a typo?

8. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

It's amazing how many people honestly must not even know what they buy.

Remington Gun Club shells are prominently marked on both the box and the flat as Gun Club and they are 25 to a box or 250 per flat.

Now the Remington All Purpose which is a 3-1/4 dram load to begin with is also prominently marked as All Purpose on both the box and the flat and they are 20 to a box or 200 to the flat.

It is not buyer beware or anything like that ... it is more along the lines of stupid people who have no clue as to what they have in there hand. If you cannot tell the difference in a box size from a 20ct box to a 25ct box or a flat of 200 shells to a flat of 250 shells then you most likely also have a reading disorder so please forgive me when is say it is more along the lines of stupid people.

BTW ... in past times if you calculate the cost between the 20ct shells and the 25ct shells it usually works out that they are so close in price now and in the past at times the 20ct shells were actually less per shell that if you do not mind shooting a 3-1/4dram 1oz load the All Purpose shell is a decent bang for the buck as well.

9. willing

willing Member

Lumper- I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with you. I will try not to let it happen again.

Bill

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The Gun Clubs work well. At one time Remington had a primer recess problem with few lots, but that was corrected some time ago. They go BANG and break targets. They are somewhat harder to resize since they have steel bases(cheaper than brass to use), but they are still reloadable. I load them once and pop them.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I have run a few hundreds with them. I like em.

12. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

If I were he I would agree with him as well but since he is not I it may be difficult to agree with he but you may agree with I.

Dang was that almost confusing.

13. rwm12

rwm12 Member

As stated above, how and where do you get the coupon?

14. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"It's amazing how many people honestly must not even know what they buy. ... it is more along the lines of stupid people who have no clue as to what they have in there hand."

Newbius, misspelling aside, these assumptions and comments are totally unwarranted and unnecessary, as will be any defense you might try to make of them.

Morgan

15. obfd13

obfd13 Member

You can find the coupon on page 5 of this link:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2008/digfsh08.pdf

(thanks to another poster on a different thread)

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have shot a bunch of the Remington Gun Clubs and even broke some good scores with them but there ain't nothing like the premium shells such as Remington Nitro's when you don't want to take any chances and eliminate the guess work ... The "Big Dogs" shoot the premium ammo, there must be a reason why ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Morgan - when the topic at hand is Remington Gun Club loads and anyone even has to mention to be sure you dont get the 20ct/200ct boxes/flats only helps to defend what I said. You and a few others may take a little offense at the bluntness of my comment and if you do I am sorry, I hope the comment did not hit to close to home.

The 20ct/200ct boxes/flats are not even marked as target loads but instead marked as "All Purpose" loads which they are actually the Remington game loads.

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the Gun Club's but last week I bought one of those 4-packs of Remington "Sport Loads" that look just like the Gun Club shells.

I noticed something interesting, that is, these shells did NOT have Remington primers. The primers looked a lot like Nobelsport primers to me. Maybe a cost-saving step. Dunno.

Anyway, these shells crush 16 yard and doubles targets, but I probably won't use them back at 25 yards. I suspect they have soft shot.

I prefer my reloads with magnum shot for 25 yards handicap. Maybe all in my head, but it is what it is.

19. dzeh

dzeh Member

obfd13
    I tried that link you posted and it didn't work. Can you check and see if it's correct? Anyone else have a link to the Dick's coupon?

20. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Gun Club work well until 24yd line...........have been shooting for years at 16...class A ..............link worked .heading to Dick tonite..........

Thanks Panther in NC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.