1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Perazzi MT-6

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ClaySmoke, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

I was wondering what you guys thought of the Perazzi MT-6. I'm in the market for a new shotgun and ran across one of these for sale. Wanted to hear honest opinions on how solid of a gun they are, how well they shoot, how the POI is, etc. I would mainly be using it for sporting clays and didn't know how it well it would work for that. The gun does have the adjustable comb and choke tubes. What would a good value on this gun be with 32" barrels and a case in about 90% condition? Thanks for any help.

Garrett

2. bkms

bkms Member

Garrett, Good gun that came out for the 76 olympics. I had one with a 27 1/2 inch barrel and if i could of obtained a 32 inch barrel i would still be shooting sporting clays with it. Mine held a good pattern and good POI and was very reliable for me and my dad who shot it competition/recreational skeet for 17 years. Giacomo can still get parts from what i understand. It was heavy to me and had some kick but shot very well. Blue book says $2000 for one in that condition but that doesnt include the comb and tubes. You might want to look at a lighter faster swinging gun for sporting. Good luck in whatever you choose. Bob.......

3. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Bob, thanks for the reply. It sounds like the MT-6 may suit my needs well. I personally favor a heavy gun, as I am a big guy with an aggressive shooting style. The main thing I was wondering was if there were still parts available for it, thanks for putting that in there. Did you ever have any problems with any of the trigger springs or anything else for that matter? As I understand, the MT-6 trigger used coil springs whereas alot of the P-guns use flat springs, is this correct? Thanks again for the info. Anyone else with firsthand experience chime in with your opinions.

Garrett

4. joshif

joshif TS Member

Yes, coil springs and the famous Perazzi quality. I think you won't be sorry.

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

There ain't no bad Perazzi. Having said that, an MT-6 does not have some of the important features like drop out triggers. 2000 is fine. More than that, keep your eyes open for a good old MX-8. Jake

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You'll be lucky to find one for $2Gs, $3's more like it, but good luck. Underrated gun. Basically, a cosmetically changed "Grand Italia" usually with choke tubes.

7. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

After a forty-year absence, I got back into trap shooting in June. I bought a Beretta A391, and used it for a month. I traded it for a used MT-6. Even used, it's far superior to the Beretta semi.

I've never regretted purchasing the MT-6. It's an under-single, with a 30" tube, and Briley chokes. Locks up very tight, and it's a pleasure to shoot.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
opinions of perazzi mt6
perazzi mt 6 review
perazzi mt-6 springs
perazzi mt6 opinion

perazzi mt6 review

perazzi mt6 sport review
review perazzi mt 6