1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Nobel Sport Shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Titan Trap Team, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

Just wanting to get some thoughts on Nobel Sport shells. Thanks

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Good shells but recently went up in price for no apparent reason. No better or no worse than Rios, Kemen, Federal Top Gun, Winchester Supersport, etc.

3. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

My AIM Team uses them and they work just fine. Have only had one issue with the occasional one hanging in the chamber of one particular gun with tight chambers anyway. Other than that, no complaints.

4. 548

548 Guest

They used to make papers. I always wanted to try those but never had the opportunity.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Great shell for the $$. don't try to shoot them in an Infinity, Machone and they can hang in some Ljutics

Phil Berkowitz

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have shot the Noble Sports for years. Never had a problem with the steel rimmed ammo in any of my Perazzis including my SCO. Suggest you Affermann and Ljutic etc shooters send you great guns back to their maker and have their tight chambers fixed so you too can shoot these great shells.

Tom

7. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

We have shot hundreds of flats of NobelSports the last two seasons on our SCTP team.

Several issues we had were with certain BT-99's that the extractor peeled the brass right off the hull. I don't know of issues with any other guns. I would say they are fine for AIM or SCTP team, or 16 yard shooting.

Their 1265fps handicap loads are excellent for games and Annies.

My son shot probably a fifteen flats of their International 24 gram shells this summer without a misfire. He had two AA's that didn't!

SW

8. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

We bought 100 flats last season for our youth team.

Pump guns had trouble extracting the shells, about 5 or 6 per box.

My oldest son shot them thru his 1100 classic trap and had absolutely no problems with them. he shot his 1st 100 straight with them and shot his best ever this past season.

Good hard shot and absolutely smokes targets.

Hope we can get a deal again this season.

9. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

10. C-Money

C-Money Member

I have shot a few boxes, and I was impressed. They smash the targets!

11. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

anybody know where to get these in upstate new york ?

kevin

12. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Ammunitiontogo.com and Gamaliel.com sell these shells. If you can get a group buy going, I think a bulk order (e..g pallet) should give you a pretty decent price, per flat. If anyone in the Washington DC metro area buys these shells in bulk, send me a PM. I would be interested in a group buy (I would be good for 10 flats if the price is right).

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

Remtic

You should fix your gun. Steel rimmed hulls are a fact of life today. Brass is in the past. I believe your chambers are undersized and need to be fixed.

T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.