1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on new BT-99

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am interested in buying a new BT-99 Golden Clays edition. I haven't been able to shoot or even see one up close so I'm looking for some opinions from those of you whohave first hand views. It looks in the catalog like a lot more gun than the ordinary 99. Thanks Dave P

2. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Dave Shoot me an email

Corey

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Corey: Sent

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

They look spiffy but the barrel is ported, I wouldn't buy one. For that kind of money you could do better.

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

My 16 year old son shoots the 34" model with adjustable comb. Needless to say he shoots it very well and loves the gun. I was the first to shoot the gun out of the box. I only hit a 24. My son has now laid claims on it and nobody else gets to shoot it. The are the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

6. bubby1956

bubby1956 TS Member

before you invest in the golden clays, check out the bt99ar, its brand new, only 100 will be made, 50 are at the sportsmans den in ohio, the other 50 at monsoors in wisconsin, they have 32 and 34's, ported or not, monty carlo only, but monsoors have some ready with after market adj combs, the ar stands for adj rib, it has the bigger fore end, looks like the 99 plus, with out the recoil reducer, nice high rib.

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I saw a few 99ar's at the Iowa state shoot this past weekend.

8. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

I feel that it is the best buy for your money. You get the Browning quality with one of the best looking guns on the market cheaper than Perazzis and Krieghoffs.

9. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Way over priced in my opinion. That much more $$$$ for a recoil reducer and fake engraving? You would be much better off putting your money towards a used KX-5 or KS-5 or a TM-1. Their twice the gun as the new BT-99's is.

10. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I like the BT-99 ar's, I would get one if I could sell my BT-99 stainless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.