1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on MEC Auto-Mate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RLC323, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Looking at the Mec Auto-Mate, as "the Queen" is allowing me to move my reloading operation inside, after 30 years out in the shed. If you have one what do you think of it?. Thanks in advance.

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

The MEC Auto-Mate is smooth, quiet, reliable and portable. It doesn't take up much room, roughly 18" by 18". When you've finished reloading, just move it if you want.
    I certainly would not be without a powered reloader, and the MEC Auto-Mate combination is the best and most convenient for me, regardless of price.

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I love mine.

JON

4. superump

superump TS Member

Just bought one and love it. SO FAR - it's not as portable as stated because it's heavy and the loaded with shot and powder it's even heavier but if it had handles on the sides it would be easier but I don't move it anyway. It's quiet reliable and quick. Worth the money I spent. Got it at gamiels for $895.00 and no tax. The 9000 that was on it had the large primer feed tray on it also and I love that also. machine needs to be kept extremely clean but all around I give it a B+!

5. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Quality reloads !!!!!!!!!

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Best thing has ever happened to the Mec. I love mine.

7. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I have had mine for a month and am very pleased with it. Smooth and quiet...

Doc

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I didn't care for mine. Loaded on it for two weeks and sold it.

9. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I think the AutoMate is the best device yet invented for shotshell reloading. It works smoothly, quietly, and efficiently, as long as it is maintained and adjusted correctly, of course. While it is not the fastest reloading setup (some of the haydraulic systems seem a bit faster), it is fast enough for most of us, does a quality reload job, and uses very little bench space beyond that of the reloader itself.

Jim R

10. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Because of the smooth operation of the machine, I have found my powder drops to be more consistent than ever. Get it set up right for your load and go after it. Smooth quiet reliable. Never an oil leak as is possible with the hydrolics. Be sure to get the larger buttons

Bob

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

Don't tty converting an existing reloader. Buy a new complete package. Went through Hell with my conversion. Had to go back to MEC twice. You will be happier with a factory built Automat.

TB

12. joconnor

joconnor Member

I have a hydrolic Mec and also the Auto Mate. The Auto Mate is smooth and quiet. Very well build machine. The hydrolic machine is a bit noisier and has the occasional drip of oil. If you want quite and smooth, go with the Auto Mate. If you are in a hurry, go with the hydrolic. I can load 50% more shells on the hydrolic unit. You can't go wrong with either. Both will serve you well.

Jerry O'Connor

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Have had mine now for over 4 years and am very happy with it.

Hauxfan!

14. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

My ultra cool wife got me one for Christmas. It was delivered last week.....and she said I could play with it early.
    I read the instructions before I started ( I NEVER do that!).
    Took about 1hr 45 min. to get it up and running. I took my time, and did some cleaning and maintanance stuff as I went along. Really pretty straight forward. My observations:
    1) Not difficult to get up and running if you take your time.
    2) although you lose the "feel" of the loader, I tend to compensate with "sound". If something isn't quite right, you can hear a difference when it cycles.
    3) It seems to drop powder a litle lighter ....but more consistent. The machine is really smooth so the powder doesn't get jostled around as much as when you pull the handle.
    4)Production speed seems about the same, although my shoulder feels alot better!

15. THALL

THALL Member

I have been really pleased with mine. Tim Hall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.