1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Opinions on Mahindra Tractors Please

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by hoffman06, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Guys I would like any thoughts pro or con on Mahindra tractors.
    Thanks, Carey
  2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Their ads are quite boastful.

I don't see them anywhere, but lots of Kubota are around this neck of the woods.

HM
  3. tudurgs

tudurgs TS Member

Mahindra and Mahindra are the largest producers of tractors in India. I worked with them in the mid/late 90's when Ford was getting into the car market in India. We had a joint venture with them. Don't know specifically about their tractors here, but they are a solid, reponsible company
  4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

They carry a 5 year warranty which is the best in the industry. That's worth something.
  5. twotimer

twotimer Member

Carey, there are some great companys right here in good ole USA that build tractors, consider one of them! Just saying... Mike
  6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Nearly all tractors under 40 horse are imported.
  7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

look nice but I already have to converse with India customer service on too much other crap..don't need another
  8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

All we use at the ranch are John Deere for big and small tractors. For many years had a small Kubota, which is a great tractor. The service and parts availability at the local John Deere dealer made a difference. They understand when you need a part, you need it NOW on a job, not when the parts truck will bring it from Los Angeles. The local Kubota dealer is running a close second for service and parts. My vote is for John Deere or Kubota, and I'd suggest getting a used one with dealer warranty before a new third world model.
  9. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Stay away from foreign built tractors! If you ever need one of those parts that "never break" you could wait weeks or months for repairs. Buy something made in the US, Ford, New Holland, John Deere, Massey Ferguson, Case. They all have dealers everywhere. Buying used? Stop in your local auto parts store or supermarket and get a copy of a used tractors catalog. An American made tractor will last a long time with proper maintenance. My 48 yr old Massey Ferguson has had a clutch and a hydraulic pump replaced. 22 yr old JD, nothing needed yet. As I said before, forget foreign tractors. Larry
  10. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Thank you for the input, we have been looking at most all of the smaller tractors with backhoe units. Kubota would be our first choice but hate to pay the higher price and used tracters do not exist in our area in Idaho. Maybe that should tell us somthing though. Thought maybe a Mahindra would be ok.
    Carey
  11. 391 shooter

391 shooter Active Member

I have been selling Ag Equipment for over 30 years.

Buy a John Deere or Kabota, you can get parts and service right away and they carry a high resale value.

May I ask what you will be doing with the Tractor?
  12. slide action

slide action Active Member

They are basiclly are revamp of te old internationals. They seem to be reliable but I have heard stories about having to wait on parts from India and that taking awhile.
  13. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Just a thought....why buy new?? I bought a case 770 10 years ago, more tractor than I needed but not one problem and as it turned out maybe for some projects just the right size!!! Unless you cook something, very little downside risk on a used tractor...

GS
  14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

Buy a John Deere or Kubota and dont look back
  15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

On our farm, you better not even mention anything other than the Deere. It's like taboo. The only non-JD equipment we have is a Steiger Panther that came with a farm we bought.

Our John Deere dealer treats their customers great. All parts are delivered to the farm or field. As stated above, they know down time is money.
  16. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The absolute best small tractor I have ever used is a New Holland. Great ergos and the levers are placed in a logical spot. The vision out front when using the loader is amazing. I can see right down in the bucket without standing up. My local dealer has no issues gettting parts in a speedy fashion if he doesn't have them in stock.

Kabota's and JD's are good tractors, but end up paying a lot more for the name without being any better of a tractor.

I will say this though, A tractor is only as good as the dealer servicing it. If your dealer is terrible, the best tractor in the world won't help you out in your time of need.

ss
  17. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

these tractors do very well in india ...
  18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I wouldn't rule out Mahindra, the world's #1 selling tractor. The Case dealer here started selling them recently and I was surprised to see a "made in USA" sticker on them. It seems that they have 3 assembly plants in the US.

I have nothing against John Deere except that you have to pay so much extra for that green paint.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.