1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on kreighoff 32

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sinker_63, Sep 15, 2013.

1. sinker_63

sinker_63 TS Member

Was wondering if anyone could give both pro and con opinions on the older kreighoff 32? Thanks in advance.

2. Mapper

Mapper Member

I have owned five of them. Only the ones with the old Remington trigger ever gave me any trouble. One I wore the finish off the bottom of the action shooting it. It broke a hammer when just about new. Hal DuPont repaired if for free. Now I am down to one because I am old and cannot possibly wear it out before I no longer care. Everything breaks, sooner or later, but that hammer was the only thing that broke for about 100,000 rounds. I think I still have a spare old style trigger and a set of #1 trunnions around somewhere.

3. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

Superb. If you must, then upgrade trigger and internals to K-80. Personally haven't seen the need on M-32 owned since 1971. The M-32's with Boehler steel barrels are lighter and seem for me to have better swing dynamics than K-80 barrels of similar length; sort of puts the Perazzi feel in a Krieghoff.

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Buy it and shoot it. After the Remington trigger guns, different animal. The sear springs are the weak link and take only a few minutes to fix. Dont waste money on the upgrades unless you REALLY prefer the K-80 shoe. There are over 11000 K-32 guns out there and I bet only 20 percent have been upgraded. Jeff-LONG time K-32 shooter.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I have three, can't seem to wear them out. Lowest number is 6083. The guys at Ottsville have no problem tending to them, not that mine have needed much attention. Mine all still have original piano wire in the triggers and work fine with that system.

6. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Best kept secret out there, but it will not impress any snobs at the club when they find how much it cost.

Have to agree with the previous posts:

Trigger is very good; actually has a more positive feel than a later K80.

The barrels handle better than the k80 choke tube type.

Look it over carefully before buying; some high mileage guns out there.

Regards, GAP

7. sinker_63

sinker_63 TS Member

8. johnboy

johnboy Member

Model 32s are generally less expensive than K80s. I was able to buy more gun ( engraving ) for less money with the 32 versus the K80 and I suppose since the model 32 is not caseharden a person can have it engraved. 32s have very good triggers but not adjustable for length of pull and in my opinion strange in appearance. Never cared for the factory wood I have seen on 32s and would not be seen in public or at least shoot in competition until replaced with k80 style. I replaced K80 style with Wenig New American wood. As someone mentioned older guns may have seen a lot of rounds, abuse and neglect. I shot with an WW11 Colonel who closed his 32 with one hand! I have heard to stay away from guns with serial numbers below 3000.

9. GRUMPY GRANDPA

GRUMPY GRANDPA TS Member

Sinker

They are great guns. You can get a adjustable trigger from Briley and

you will be good to go.

Wayne