Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

opinions on Kel-tec P-3AT 380 pocket pistol w

3K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  JDinTX 
#1 ·
My 9mm Glock is collecting dust in my dresser drawer. I just find it to much of a hassle to try to carry. I was at the gun shop and saw a true pocket pistol last night. The Kel-tec p-3AT 380. Ay opinions on these or possibly a another similiar size pistol that I should be looking at? Are the Kel-tec's any good?

Thanks

#27 ·
We have had poor luck with Kel Tecs on our line. The last attempt was made at a class Saturday with the 380 POSI (piece of scrap iron) that vapor locked on the first shot. Five trigger squeezes and MUCH manipulation got three shots in about thirty seconds, with Federal Hardball. The little dud was then removed from the line by its scandalized owner. The Chief trainer chuckled, and said "TOLD YA!"

Better to go with Little Bubba, the five shot 38 revolver, preferably DAO.

#28 ·
hmmmmmm I fear the .380 and 9mm versions of the KEL TEC may be too much for the little gun to handle.

If I were to buy a KEL TEC at all, I'd stick with the proven .32 ACP version
with the better extractor and learn to double taps with a follow up to the "face" using two, paper plates stapled to a cardboard frame at 3 and 7 yards.

#29 ·
Love my Kahr K40. Pricey but fits my hand well. <br>
Like my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm with a Glock high cap mags!

Got the latest mag from http://www.cdnninvestments.com and on page 8 they have their Kel Tec pistols priced out. Have shot them buy do not own them so have no opinion. If you want one the prices are:

P3AT .380 $214.99<br>
PF-9 9mm $229.99<br>
P-32 .32 $199.99

#30 ·
I have a p-32 and it IS reliable. I had a 9mm Kel Tec that was not reliable at all, it hung up on the last or next to last shot out of the mag every time, and no one could fix so I got rid of it. The P-32 is great and it is the only gun i carry in warm weather, it will go anywhere. Good luck JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.