1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on K80 Trap Special

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoggy, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

May 9, 2006
    Do a search. This has been asked over and over again.
  2. shadow1

shadow1 TS Member

Aug 2, 2008
    I bought the K80 trap special and sold the beretta 682x that I had been shooting great scores with,finnished just a hand full of points off the Irish international team last year and of corse thinking a step up and more expensive gun would help me get that extra few points that would get me a place on the team how wrong could I be.

At First I gave the gun a chance but my scores became so bad I started becoming depressed people kept saying just give it a chance but I gave in.

After a long chat with one of the countrys top shooters and a man that would never talk out of place unless asked told me that alot of the standard factory produced K80s are a different class to the ones you see the top K80 men using.

His point was as follows,

Them shooters you see winning all the time with K80s are all sponsered with the exceptional few, thease guys cannot be seen to be shooting bad or guns wont sell so therefore their guns are made to suit them with the perfect barrell weights, perfectly balanced and the right stock not like the standard off the shelf gun with an adjustable stock.

His advice to me,

Go back to your old gun and you will get back to wher you were
    but unfortuntely That was out of the question as the guy that had it would not part wit it so the onlt thing left to do was go shopping.

To cut a long story short I purchased a Parezzi MX8 and so far have been shooting perfect scores.

Roll on the World Dtl championships on 20 august

Signed B mcgann
  3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Those guys that you talk about can shoot any gun after they take a little time to set one up. Many of the All Americans have shot several different guns over the years, from model 12's and 1100's to todays high end selections.
  4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Payson, Arizona
    Excellent gun, I love mine. My combo has the top single, without screw in chokes.

Tom Strunk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.