Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions on IOR Valdada Optics?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SeldomShoots 
#1 ·
Hey, has anyone on TS.Com had any of the IOR Valdada optics? I was considering one of their scopes for an AR-15. Any knowledge or opinions about them would be appreciated.

Thanks, John E.

#2 ·
DB, if you were trying to decide between Swarovski, Zeiss, Valdada, Nightforce, Schmidt & Bender, Leupold Mark 4's or whatever brand (trying to stay under $1,750.00 not counting rings) - in a variable power scope with an illuminated reticle in the second focal plane like most american scopes to sit on a gun shooting light fast .223 ammo 36-45 grain bullets, 20" barrel and wanted to see the head of a praire dog at 300-350 yards, what would you pick as the best bang for the buck and what power? I am pressuming with light bullets, wind and loss of velocity and energy will make shots beyond that pretty tricky if not improbable.

John E.

#4 ·
DB, it going to be mounted on a Fulton Armory FAR-15. 1 in 13 twist Krieger stainless 20" and bullets will not execeed 50 grains. I'll also be using it on coyotes and targets. I looked at the 3-18x42 Valdada. I agree nightforce are strong, but I am uncertain about the quality and clarity of the optics. I hear their optics are ground and coated in Japan. My personal opinion is that the Europeon optics are better. Nightforces are 2nd focal plane, but you're correct most europeon scopes are FFP unless they are high power. FFP plus the price puts S&B out of my reach.

Thanks for the info oz.

John E.

#5 ·
I have a Valdada 4-14x50 mounted on a Surgeon rifle 6.5mmx47mm with a 26 inch barrel.

The Optics are first rate.

The turret knobs for elevation and windage are under scope turret caps. I find this more problematic to access than the Nightforce scopes. Also the gradations on the turrets are marked 1 through 8 and then return to zero. This makes adjustments for elevation an exercise in click counting especially when going from 100 to 1000 yards. Finally the new model has uncovered turrets with a return to zero which really helps.

The available reticles are excellent, particularly the mil dot
As for the illuminated reticle it works quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.