1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Opinions on guerini's

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by JenVern, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JenVern

JenVern TS Member

0   0   0

Opinions on guerini

Thinking of going in this direction ! Does anyone know how durable these guns are? Who makes good release's? Are they comparable to my precision in my perazzi?I would love to shoot one for couple hundred rounds with a release ?where? Vern
  2. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

0   0   0

You might want to send a PM to oskerspap12, he and his son Oz both shoot Guerini's

Oscar
  3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have three Guerini's, One's a small gauge sporting two barrel set and the other two are trap guns, a 32/30"combo and a 34" single. I also own four Perazzi's and have had several others of this make.

My opinion: For me the Guerini's have very similar dynamics to Perazzi's and move to the target in the same fashion. I like guerini's full featured gun approah which allows for good fit are very comfortable to hold and shoot. To me, Guerini's are the softest shooting of any O/U/sngl barrel I've owned right out of the box.

In terms of duribilty, I have somewhere in the vicinity of 25,000 combined through round the combo without a hiccup. The 34" single has less than 1,000 rounds ( this is for sale) after I bought it and I found a well priced combo, putting the 34" away.

Triggers: I shoot a pull but due to a world class flinch, I'm moving to a release and will have Guerini do the conversion as they have the means to do so. I have read opposing views regarding Guerini factory installed triggers, most are very happy and others are not. I'm inclined to stay with the factory because of warranties and long term factory support.

Fit and finish, I would put Guerini's on par with other upscale target guns, P, K, K, L and others for a much lower price. Guerini's pack a lot of value in their products and you can rate me as a happy owner.

Where are you?

Surfer
  4. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

0   0   0

I have two CG'S ... I like both guns ... I think they are a little over priced ... one is a Sporting gun ... the other is a Trap Combo ... the Trap gun has their factory installed Double Release Trigger ... what I am about to state is just my two cents ... the Trigger that they install is very fast ... to fast for me ... so I called their head Gunsmith and ask him if they could tune the Trigger ... told him I would like the Trigger slowed down ... we discussed exactly what I wanted ... he assured me they could do it ... so off it went ... when it came back it was a mess ... nothing was changed with the speed ... they had the set pressure so hard it hurt my finger to try to set the trigger ... this was in the first barrel they hadn't touched the second barrel ... all they did was turn a screw ... the top barrel was the same as when I sent it to them ... after a few conversations they agreed to pick up the gun ... off it went again ... this time the head Gunsmith called me with the gun in his hands ... probably because I addressed the instruction letter to him ... again I told him what I wanted and what was wrong with it ... back it came ... all they did this time was to reduce the set pressure a little ... again they turned the same screw in the opposite direction ... still a mess ... by now my thoughts were verified ... the didn't have a clue ... they can switch out the parts as they come to them ... to convert the trigger from pull to release by changing parts ... but that is as far as it goes ... in between rounds I was telling a friend about my trigger problems ... he had Gray Roman work on his guns ... had me try his gun and it was exactly what I wanted ... I called Gary and told him all that had gone on with CG ... he nicely said they don't know what they are doing when it comes to tuning a trigger ... off it went again ... came back from Gary just as I wanted ... shot it a while ... worked great ... I called CG told them I wanted my money back for their work ... again after a few calls and their head Gunsmith calling and talking to Gary Roman ... and as Gary Roman told me it was apparent they didn't know what they were doing ... they refunded my money ... I will give them credit for that ... Gary charged less for doing the job right then they did for screwing it up ... but why was in necessary for me to go through all the nonsense ... they should have told me from the get go that they couldn't do the work ... or they didn't have a clue what tuning a trigger was ... I think they do fine with the normal stuff ... but for me it was a bummer ... I don't have a grudge against them just telling my experience ... still own and shoot both guns ... Doug
  5. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

0   0   0

Doug,
    Atleast it says one thing about CG, they tried to make it right two times and ultimatley when you were unsatisfied, they refunded your money. I have a CG Challenger Trap and I am 100% satisfied with mine. While I bought it used, I feel for the money a used CG is a good bargin when compared to other used trap guns.
  6. maxumman

maxumman TS Member

0   0   0

Very good gun for the money Pirazzi has nothing to compare Lifetime warranty and pitstops Impact guns Trap, Impact Trap low rib trap field and sporting beautiful guns for the money.
  7. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

0   0   0

What I am stating is ... all the screwing around with phone calls (having to hound them) and wondering after you have spent money and time if you are going to get it resolved ... why tell somebody you can do the work when you don't have anybody in your shop capable of doing it ... if they are so unknowing of the their people ... put yourself in my shoes ... I am not the only guy out there that has had problems with them ... one of the guys at our club has a very high dollar sporting gun that he sent in ... came back with the wood all scratched up ... and by the way they wouldn't do anything about it ... I hear all these glowing reports about their good points which they have and have not ... but they grew fast and hired some green gunsmiths ... and sometimes they get busy and nobody is watching the hen house ... so not everything is peachy keen
  8. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Nothing in this world is peachy keen, Most gun companies stay away from (custom Work, release triggers) because they're not a custom house. Guerini took the pulse of the trap shooting community and they asked for release triggers as an option and Guerini delivered what seems to be acceptable to most shooters. Triggers like recoil and everything else in shotguning is subjective as you found. Many other companies might have jacked you around never giving you a refund, but Guerini stood up and took it on the chin and made it right, good for them.

I'm curious why you think Guerini is over priced and what you think is a better value than this brand.

Surfer
  9. KOKA

KOKA TS Member

0   0   0

I waited about 7 1/2 months to get my summit black impact trap 2 I just shot 650 rounds through it and love the gun so far very well built good machineing nice looking wood I don't know how to fit a gun properly so I definitely need some help with that. I shot a 97 in doubles, and for me that is outstanding. Trap season is about to get going here in Saskatchewan, so with the help of some other trap shooters with more experience I am confident it will be a very good gun. alot cheaper than the other high end guns, only time will tell if they stand up. here in Canada we don't get the free tuneups.
    Kevin
  10. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

0   0   0

I think DMM point is valid. However with that being said I can say that is probably the first negative thing I have heard about them and it had to do with custom work. I.E. tuning a trigger to someone's liking. Tuning a trigger is very personal. Obviously CG tried to do what he asked but without him being there to see if it is what he wanted I think it was hard to do. They tried twice and then gave him his money back. Not sure what more you can ask for. I guess the question is DMM would you recommend the purchase of a CG?
  11. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

0   0   0

I have 4 Guerinis set up with the same sight picture but with different POIs for different shot gun sports (34" singles 100%, 32" doubles 100% , 32" sporting 60/40, 30" bunker 80/20 ). The price point lets me do that...

The ONLY issue I had was with my trap gun...something within the trigger/hammer assembly failed at about 50K rounds. Guerini repaired it and shipped it back at no cost in about 10 days.

Rudy
  12. RAScott

RAScott TS Member

0   0   0

I think Guerinis are a good gun . althought a friend of mine has had an issue with the choke tubes being stuck in the barrel. They could not get a choke out previously at the grand and it was determined the barrel was treaded crooked. they replaced the barrel and now at the southern grand the same thing happened.
    He watched as they put his barrel in a vise and twisted the choke along with the barrel to get the choke out. the choke didnt come out. the next day the choke was out but the scores were dismal. so the thought is they twisted the barrel. the chase is on weather they replaced the barrel.
    If you get one remove the chokes often and relube at a min.
    rascott
  13. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

0   0   0

See Czar Whodini.
  14. rdf59

rdf59 Member

0   0   0

Outstanding product. Excellent value when comparing price, quality, finish, balance, recoil and service(if ever needed). I have 4 of them with two two-barrel sets. The POI (barrel regulation) is outstanding -- much better than most. The free cleaning, tuning is outstanding.
    I do have Berettas but much prefer the CG.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.