1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Cynergy Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Piper Mac, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Am looking for a new trap gun. Looking for opinions on the Cynergy Trap. I see it has a more conventional stock, which I think is good. Better than the XT? Also does it have the same thru the pad adjustment for the comb? I was hoping Browning has given up on that by now. Thanks for any feedback.

2. 1963

1963 TS Member

A friend has an Cynergy he uses for Sporty's. I did try his gun for doubles and was impressed, perhaps abeit light in weight thereby needing a barrel weight. He prefers using the Cynergy over his Golden Clays.

3. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

I like the new Cynergy Classic Trap a lot; I had a chance to mount a 32" bbl. example at the local gunshop I frequent, and it came up beautifully for an out of the box stock gun, which doesn't happen often for me. I shoot an XT, which also has a 32" bbl., and I think it compares very favorably, since I think it balances a little bit better than the XT. I would want one with an adjustable (aftermarket) comb, since the Drop at the Comb on the stock Cynergy Classic Trap is 1-11/16", compared to 1-9/16" for the stock XT. Although I haven't shot one yet, all things being equal, I would expect that the stock Cynergy would shoot slightly flatter than would the stock XT, so you might need to do some comb adjustments to get POI where you want it - JoeBerg

4. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

I purchased a Cynergy 12g., 32", Sporting, adjustable comb, grade IV wood, in early April.It is a wonderful gun. It feels well balanced,easy to swing and relatively low on recoil and jump.I changed the recoil pad from a medium to a short and it works better for me. Had I had my druthers, I might have purchased an Infinity or a Perazzi. I could have afforded either one, but not the divorce that would have inevitably followed.I really like the gun. It is beautifully made, finished and works like a charm. Dollar for dollar, I think it is one of the best buys on the market. It is very easy to adjust the comb and to change the recoil pad if that becomes necessary, as it did for me.Took about 1 and 1/2 minutes. Try ableammo.com. The have a few on closeout, although I am not sure they have the model you might be considering. Good luck.

5. Furman

Furman TS Member

I have one.I love it Their is one for sale next to new less than 200 rounds through it for sale at norsman sporting in Havre M.T. 59501 I was told 2500.00 will buy.for more info call Ed Goodian at 406-352-4980

6. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Thanks for all the great feedback, I really appreciate it.

7. SelectEnergyJim

SelectEnergyJim TS Member

I bought one about a month ago and I love it. I got the 30" with the adjustable comb at Gander Mountain on closeout for $1299.

8. shooterchick

shooterchick TS Member

I myself prefure the XT over the cynergy. I have been shooting an XT for almost 2 years now and I absolutley love it! I would highly recommend it to anyone :)

9. Furman

Furman TS Member

The cynergy Ed has for sale has all bells and gagets trap grade 3200.00 new

10. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

Their is a really nice one 32" barrels full trap at Jaquas web site $2195.00.

11. new loader

new loader Member

To SelectEnergyJim: Which Gander Mtn has them for $1299?

12. SelectEnergyJim

SelectEnergyJim TS Member

I was hoping that I would be ignored because I halfway read the initial post. Opinions were asked on the "Cynergy" and my dumb a** offered an opinion of my "Select Energy". Sorry folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.