1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Clay Delay voice release machines?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oz, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oz

1oz Member

Could or would anyone that has used this equipment provide their opinions on these machines . Likes , dislikes and etc.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I started with the corded model. The system worked great, but setup/takedown was a bit of a bother. I upgraded to the wireless system and it also has been great. It does everything you ask, and the price is less than other systems.

If I had my way, I've have the system run the standard NSSA course rather than requiring the High House or Low House buttons to be pushed to arm the system. For Trap use, there is already an automatic re-arm routine available at a minor cost increase.

If I had it to do over, I would still get the Clay Delay.

3. rcnuti

rcnuti TS Member

I have the corded model and use it for trap. I have been very satisfied with it. I bought a 100' extension cord and clip the Clay Delay to my belt. It reaches fine from the traphouse to just beyond the 27 yard line. It makes shooting by your self possible and you can also stand back and hit the button to pull for other shooters.

Russell Nuti

4. Stan B.

Stan B. TS Member

1oz,

We have the wireless voice trap setup (5 transmitters) with the manual-arming, auto-arming, and following pair routines installed. They work as advertised. We use them on our wobble trap (an antique Winchester-Laporte). The following (report) pair makes for some interesting games.

We like the product enough that we are planning to convert our 3 skeet fields to their wireless system as we get the money.

Their customer service is excellent.

Stan B.
    SMGC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.