1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on C Guerini Summit unsingle?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FN in MT, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Any opinions or EXPERIENCE with the Caesar Guerini unsingle trap guns?? Seems to be a lot of gun for $4600. List is close to five on the bottom grade SUMMIT model, but many dealers are discounting about $400-$450.

Also interested on how they hold up compared to a Browning or Beretta.

FN IN MT
  2. ink ball

ink ball Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You are right, they are a lot of gun for the money. I have a CG trap combo, and I've been completely happy with this gun. the first thing I noticed about this gun is that the wood to metal fit is outstanding. I've only had this gun since March 1st of this year, but I've put a few thousand shells through it so far with absolutely no problems. Very good customer service, too. The CG trap guns are too new to see how the durability compares to some of the other top shelf guns, but my impressions so far is that this gun will hold up well.

Only a couple of negatives. The factory recoil pad is kinda crappy, so I replaced mine with a Pachmayr. The gun comes with a case, but it is a relatively cheap blow molded case. I ordered the Americase from CG which is custom fit for CG guns. Really nice.

The gun seems to pattern very well...it really smokes targets.

I've owned both Berettas (682 O/U, and a 682 Unsingle combo) and several Browning O/U's and combos. I like the CG better than any of these guns.

Try one out if you get a chance...I think you'll be impressed!
  3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    All of the "high end guns" come with sucky pads.
  4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

May 20, 2008
    The CG is a nicer gun than the lower end Beretta's and Brownings. It is a great gun for the price. If Vern will create a PFS for them, I will probably by one!

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    They have a life time guarantee and the Sporting Guns have been very well received.Joe
  6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Sep 17, 2007
    I have a Summit Trap unsingle that so far shoot very good. I like the looks and the Highrib that make it easy to see the target. I have about 1000 round though it in two and a half weeks that I own it. Now it just starting open and close easyer. To compair it to my Beretta 687 Unsingle is hard. Both nice guns, both shoot good. But the highrib starting to win over and I think I'm shooting it better in a shorter time.
    No question I would buy another Caesar Guerini again. I think for the money and what you get you will have to spend a lot more to get the same value.
  7. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I own a Maxum combo and have put about 10,000 rounds through it with zero problems. Really love it. Looks great; shoots great, and doesn't have a punishing kick! Previously had a Gold E combo, but I now prefer the Guerini.
  8. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I bought a Summit combo in March of this year. I have put about 2500 rounds through it and like it very much. I like the high rib on the unsingle and broke my first 100 straight at the NY State shoot two weeks ago.

My previous guns were a BT-99 and a Ultra XT O/U for competition. I like shooting the same frame now over using two different guns.

I would say the Summit compares favorably to the Brownings that I have shot for over 20 years. Still to soon to determine how it will hold up to years of use but the service department in Cambridge has been excellent.

I don't suspect I will have any problems.

Dr. Honk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.