1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OPINIONS on BT-99 Golden Clays

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chichay, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have my eye on the 32" barrel model. I'm small statured and am currently using a BT-99 Micro (30" barrel) but would now prefer one with fancier wood and receiver. Another option is picking up a Grade 3, and have someone install an adjustable comb and Gracoil (or similar device). Would appreciate opinions of someone who use either the Golden Clays or Grade 3. Thanks.

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

I have a Grade 3 and it came with some very nice wood, Engraving is nice. Do you want the Gracoil recoil device on the Golden Clays? Even if you do, Browning whacks so much off of the stock and then sticks a 1 inch pad on it which is overkill. If you buy the Grade 3, you can have someone put on whatever type of reduction unit you want, have it done to look a lot better, have a better adjustable comb installed and still have less money involved than if you had bought the Golden Clays.

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I think suggesting getting the Grade III over the Golden Clays model is excellent advice. You can do a lot of customizing for the difference in price between the two......Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between bt99 grade3 and bt99 golden clays