1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Browning XT unsingle Combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KennyP, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennyP

KennyP TS Member

I would like to here from anyone who is using the XT unsingle combo from Guns Unlimited, good or bad, thanks in advance.
    KennyP

2. Ertz

Ertz Member

I bought mine from GU at the Grand two years ago. I love my combo and GU delivered on everything they promised.

I did get one with a Monte Carlo stock and had someone install an adjustable comb as the stock adjustable comb seemed kind of junkie to me.

3. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

I bought mine second-hnd (less than two boxes shot), in Apr. of 06. I have shot it since then, with no problem,,it feels good, fits good,,and does the job. Mine has the Factory adjustable comb,,and would have prefered to have had the M/C and installed a comb/recoll system myself (had done). It was ok until I made the first adjustment, then it would not stay adjusted, no matter how tight I tried to tighten the set screw. I added spacers to it and it seems to be ok now. The weight is not a problem,,in fact there is less felt recoil with a heaver gun. I would recommend it....
    Norman

4. moke

moke TS Member

I really like mine. Maybe that's because my average went from 94 up to 97 with it!!! It did take a little time to get it dialed in. Once it was, I hid the wrench!! As with anything your mileage may very. moke

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I purchased my Browning Un-Single Combo 34in and 32in o/u Bbls, I had ordered the Monte Carlo Stock but they did not come in Jan 7th was told they would not be in Until March, so I took the Adj comb straight stock as they had it in stock, very satisfied so far. Still tuning it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. nctrapshooter

nctrapshooter TS Member

I got mine last Oct. I bought the MC version and had it sent off to Rod's for an adj comb modification. Ended up cheaper and easier than the factory version. I love the gun, patterns great and my doubles score went up 20 targets the first time I shot it(before stockwork!) I would highly recommend it!

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Great so far...I have a 34/32 Golden Clays...and its way prettier and shoots as good as anything costing 3x as much

8. tonyd642

tonyd642 TS Member

I have had mine since last October. Was shooting an old BT99. The XTCombo does feel heavier and slower because it is compaired to some other guns. It took some adjusting and practice to get back in the groove but I am now shooting good scores with it and love the gun.

I would also recomend getting the Monte Carlo and having a quality adjustable comb installed. I had trouble with mine moving so I put shims under the comb which works fine. I also had problems with the mid rib set screws comming loose but I re-titened them and have not had any more trouble.

Great gun for the money. I got the Golden Clays model and am glad I did. It came with very nice wood for a Browning and the reciever is very nice.

I don't think you can go wrong with the gun. Just be sure to commit yourself to shooting it and shoot alot of shells to give it a fair chance. The adjustments will be frustrating unitl you get it dialed in. Get it set and DONT MOVE IT. I can't stress this enough. Leave your old gun at home and give it time. You will soon love the gun.

Tony D. 16 03115

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Good bang for the buck.

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

gslam, I agree with everyone but you. Don't feel too bad, its probably a good thong for you.

11. tonyd642

tonyd642 TS Member

I have had mine since last October. Was shooting an old BT99. The XTCombo does feel heavier and slower because it is compaired to some other guns. It took some adjusting and practice to get back in the groove but I am now shooting good scores with it and love the gun.

I would also recomend getting the Monte Carlo and having a quality adjustable comb installed. I had trouble with mine moving so I put shims under the comb which works fine. I also had problems with the mid rib set screws comming loose but I re-titened them and have not had any more trouble.

Great gun for the money. I got the Golden Clays model and am glad I did. It came with very nice wood for a Browning and the reciever is very nice.

I don't think you can go wrong with the gun. Just be sure to commit yourself to shooting it and shoot alot of shells to give it a fair chance. The adjustments will be frustrating unitl you get it dialed in. Get it set and DONT MOVE IT. I can't stress this enough. Leave your old gun at home and give it time. You will soon love the gun.

Tony D. 16 03115

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Good bang for the buck.

13. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

gslam, I agree with everyone but you. Don't feel too bad, its probably a good thong for you.

14. tomward

tomward TS Member

I have a 32/34 that I would sell. Has about 300 shot through it. Monte carlo stock un altered. Took stock off the day I got it and installed a PFS(which I do not want to sell). Gun is showroom perfect in every way. I did have double release triggers installed. I had an urge to get one since they came out. I like the gun but have, and will continue to shoot a DB 81 combo. Had an itch for this and got that itch scratched. Releases can be reversed but this would be a real bargain for someone looking for one with release triggers. $3,500. Photos avalible on request. I will loose a couple of bucks on the gun and cost of release triggers, so please understand I will not negotiate on the price. Shipping will be the responsiblity of the buyer. Call or e mail at 817-538-4663. Tom Ward

15. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

I had one for a while and it shot realy well but it would bust me in the face like no other shot gun I have had--so it had to go---I think the stock Adj. comb was to straight for me

16. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

My opinion is you would get a much better gun for the money if you went with the Beretta 682 Gold E un-single. Beretta barrels are cold-hammer forged which is an expensive process but produces a superior barrel as far as weight, strength and swing characteristics. For some, the made in China part doesn't bother them. It does me. I've been to the Beretta factory in Brescia and it is very impressive on how serious they are about creating a quality firearm that lives up to their almost 500 year old name.

I shoot krieghoffs but would not hesitate to shoot a 682 gold E if I couldn't justify the price of my k-80's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.